Make your own whistle lanyard.

deeksofdoom

Bought some para-cord recently and was trying to learn how to make a lanyard on youtube, anyway youtube was kinda useless, but by pure luck I managed to make a twisted barley type lanyard. So here's a how to do it. If your any way handy you'll never have to buy another lanyard again, they can be expenzive enough for what they're actually for.

All you need is a whistle and a length of para-cord. Cut the para-cord so that you have enough length. I haven't measured out exactly how much cord to use approximately one and a half times the length of my coffee table not that that helps.

Loop the para cord and tie the whistle to it. Make sure that the loop on the para-cord is long enough to hang around your neck and be in easy reach for you.

22112009357.jpg

Here's a pic to give an idea of what it should look like now.

22112009358.jpg

Cross the cord over and get ready to start the knotting/weaving or whatever you'ld call it. Had to crop this and its a bit blurry but it'll give you an idea of what to do.

22112009359.jpg

I hope ye can see whats going on here coz I haven't got a clue how I'm going to explain this. Around, under, over, back, behind, blah, blah, blah,......

22112009361.jpg

Once the above has been completed pull everything tight taking care not to loose any length to the part of the cord which will be going around your neck.

22112009362.jpg

Keep doing the same knot over and over again pretty soon you'll see the barley twist taking shape.

22112009364.jpg

Edited by deeksofdoom

Now keep going until you have a few good twists done on the lanyard, 3 is enough for me. The next thing you'll need is a scissors, lighter and foreceps. This is the tricky part and your going to have to be fast to get this right.

Cut the para-cord about 5mm from the end of the barley twist.

22112009366.jpg

Now get your lighter and set the end of the paracord alight.

22112009367.jpg

Now quickly grab the forceps and squeeze the lighted end of para-cord to the end of the twisted cord to join them together. Leave the forceps for a second or to for the cord to glue together.

22112009368.jpg

Repeat for the other end of para-cord.

22112009369.jpg

Now you have a stylish recession busting lanyard to use in the field. You'll be the envy of all your mates.

22112009370.jpg

If anyone actually manages to make one post a pic as I'ld like to see the finished product.

Edited by deeksofdoom