Potential Fraud/Scammer Warning

leftandright

Yes, I do know the addresses of Gibbs and Graham but I am hopefully in the process of recovering some if not all of the funds. I therefore do not wish at this stage to divulge anything that may jeopardise the refund of money. The Moderators are aware of the situation and they are holding any information I have passed to them.

Could you please enlighten me as to what "4chan" means? I am afraid I am only just emerging from the dark ages. Leftandright

4chan is an anonymous posting site where you can ask/post just about anything. If you ask to find someone, they'll come back with their findings.

I've not attempted to do anything and nor will I, as I'd hate to be to blame for jeopardising your chances of a refund.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that or transfer by paypal, at least you can get your money back if it goes wrong :good:

Er you can't by Paypal, they find you bought a gun or air rifle they shut your account down for weeks! Check the terms and conditions of Paypal, no firearms or ammo to be paid for or receive payment for, else the account gets frozen. Use a credit card to make a deposit into their bank account yes, but not Paypal, bye bye money!

Edited by secretagentmole

As you know, we contacted the Claims Office Online and they duly sent Ms Gibbs a letter - a copy of which I have retained on file.

I had a text message from her on Tuesday 9th August to say that she was getting some of the money together. Much to my surprise on Wednesday 17 August I received £490 in cash sent by Registered Post. I took the precaution of opening the envelope in front of a Royal Mail employee.

Whilst waiting for the £490 to arrive, I received notification from Paypal to say that the £300 paid in by a Mr. Brett Morrison (allegedly Miss Gibbs’ brother) had been reversed. After the cash arrived, I contacted Miss Gibbs again and she said that she was unable to pay me back the £300 at the moment. I am therefore completing the form I received from the Claims Office to this effect and am also sending them copies of the reversal notices from Paypal.

I did contact the police who dealt with Oly’s case and left details with the Duty Officer. He said that he would speak to the Officer who had dealt with Oly’s case and asked him to phone me when he was back on duty on the night of Saturday 6th August. Unfortunately, I have not received a return call but, then again, they do have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Hopefully, I will receive the remainder of the money in the not too distant future.

Thank you all for your help and support in this matter. I will keep you updated.

Leftandright

Good to hear of the progress being made, definitely keep the pressure on with Money Claim, and if necessary then Baliffs can be instructed to enforce the Court judgement should the remaining £300 not materialise.

Definitely some steps in the right direction, and it sounds likely that the Court judgement will be obtained in your favour on this if that is what it needs to come to, to get all the money refunded!

• 1 month later...

Thought you all might like to know that Ms. Sophie Gibbs has come up trumps. We had a communication from the Gloucester and Cheltenham Court inviting us to mediate with her. This we agreed to do as advancing this way would mean avoiding court proceedings. Lo and behold, yesterday the balance of the monies owed arrived by Registered Post (£320) and I duly texted Ms. Gibbs and thanked her most kindly.

If anyone else is in this predicament, please be assured that the court process was very easy and the costs were reimbursed so I am not out of pocket. Don't let them get away with it PLEASE.

I don't know if we would have succeeded without the help and advice given by moderators and members alike. It certainly encouraged me to pursue this claim to the end. It is a pity that none of the "men" of the Graham clan had the b------s to admit liability and to leave Ms. Gibbs to face the consequences - not that she is a sweet little angel but nonetheless it was pretty bad form on their part.

Thanks again everyone.

Leftandright

That's brilliant news! Well done, patience and dogged determination has won out again against these scum.

All I can do is reiterate what L&R states - If anyone else is in this predicament, please be assured that the court process was very easy and the costs were reimbursed so I am not out of pocket. Don't let them get away with it PLEASE.

And it's not that difficult/technical...pretty simple really!