NEW Beretta A300 Outlander

Simon123

Just been having a look on guntrader.com whilst i cam across THIS which i had'nt heard anything or seen anything like it before. Looks very good, and as it's a beretta should be good. Quite cheap for the Beretta range though bot would imagine it would be a good contender against the Franchi semi's and the Winchester SX3.

Anyone used or got one???

Just a head's up for anyone looking for a new semi without breaking the bank ;) ;) ;)

I'm over that way Thursday, might go have a look if I have time.

Only thing is, from what I can find they stopped making these around 1979???

Newer version mate. If you look at the picture in the link and then compare it to a conventional A300 series, they look different :good: :good: :good:

I have been to look at this gun today at Derek Lees.

It is infact a Brand New gun from Beretta. It is to replace the ES100 which I was told had an awful reputation for failing. The A300 has only been on sale for 3 weeks!

It is a very nice piece of equipment and looks on the surface well made. I was told it is basically a Benelli under the skin with a few Beretta touches.

I was very tempted to purchaes pne, but with it being on the market for such a short time and with no reviews around, I thought I would wait and see.

Hope that helps. :good:

If its got the benelli internals then it will work on the inertia system, i got shut of mine,i found the recoil to much for an auto to me thats way i shoot a auto for minimal recoil just could not get used to it no doubt people will have other opinions,got a maxus now its like shooting a 410 really smooth.

• 2 months later...

I have joined pigeonwatch really to respond to this thread.

I broke the connecting rod in my 15 year old AL390 gold mallard just before Christmas. Guessing no repair before the New Year I bought an A300 Outlander. In fairness to GMK, replacement rod turned up 23rd. December.

Impressions of the A300 Outlander:

Very plain and unimposing at first sight. The wood would not look out of place on a Diana 0.177 air rifle. However timber is of good weight and solid, and is beginning to look nice with careful oiling. Initial reaction, much lighter than my AL390 but on the scales under 2oz difference. Centre of gravity closer to the stock than many of its predecessors.

The narrow top rib and prominent bead foresight indicate it was designed for the field rather the clay ground. However after around 500 rounds of 'Sporting' can say this is, as Beretta suggest, a soft-shooting, slick handling semi. that can fulfil either purpose.

Have read this gun is mostly Benelli but action and receiver appears standard Beretta to me. The gas compensation is definitely a hybrid, much simpler and easier to clean than the 390. Clearly 391 derived but to quote press blurb: 'scientifically optimised preserving the shotgun from unnecessary wear and increasing its life' which has been achieved by drilling only one of two the gas receiver ports through to barrel! Alarmed me when I first cleaned it but confirmed by GMK as correct!

In conclusion: an unpretentious Beretta semi which handles well, ok for field or clay and is robust enough for most challenges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just been having a look on guntrader.com whilst i cam across THIS which i had'nt heard anything or seen anything like it before. Looks very good, and as it's a beretta should be good. Quite cheap for the Beretta range though bot would imagine it would be a good contender against the Franchi semi's and the Winchester SX3.

Anyone used or got one???

Just a head's up for anyone looking for a new semi without breaking the bank ;) ;) ;)

Just got myself a new Beretta A300 Outlander, very impressed with it, very similar to my old A303 but it handles better with a very slim forend, also 3" chambers so handy for steel shot & wildfowling.

I used it on pigeons last week & shot well with it, finding it very pointable & smooth shooting.

Just got myself a new Beretta A300 Outlander, very impressed with it, very similar to my old A303 but it handles better with a very slim forend, also 3" chambers so handy for steel shot & wildfowling.

I used it on pigeons last week & shot well with it, finding it very pointable & smooth shooting.

Glad you are pleased with yours Jim313. Had mine over a couple of months now and it is getting better and smoother as it beds in.

Glad you are pleased with yours Jim313. Had mine over a couple of months now and it is getting better and smoother as it beds in.

Yeah i'd expect that, i reluctantly part ex'd my old 303,which was a great gun & really smooth, plus my Extrema for it.I didn't get on at all with the Extrema, only got it for the marsh, if the old 303 was 3" chambers i'd never have parted with it, the Outlander is great tho, just like the 303 apart from a much slimmer forend & the 3" chamber.

I've got one and would describe it as a 303 with gas regulation.

It uses the gas chamber/piston and regulator from the new 400 series which is,allegedly,self cleaning.

The instruction book tells you not to dismantle the gas regulator and no C-spanner is supplied to do so.

It would not,however,be difficult to take apart.

It only comes with one choke,a 1/2 Mobilchoke and key,but there's plenty of alternatives available.

It weighs 7lbs but is well balanced and with 28gm cartridges doesn't knock me about and that was using Kent Velocitys,notably thumpy.

Beretta now recommend that all their autos are broken in using 32gm or heavier cartridges.I didn't bother and have not had a problem.

The dark wood is stained and responds very well to being oiled and soon looks very good.

I paid £760 for mine at Derek Lee's which I reckon is good value.

Vic.