Muntjac control in Oxfordshire

Hey,

I am an experienced shooter living near the town of Thame, Oxfordshire. I own about 1,000 acres of land and shoot pigeon and pheasant extensively. We currently have a muntjac infestation and although i hold a shotgun licence i do not hold a firearms licence, and therefore do not own a rifle. I am looking for an experienced deer hunter willing to come out in the evenings to help control these muntjac, I hope that you wouldn't mind if i tag along, I do know the best places to shoot them and where they cross open ground etc...

I am not offering any payment, seeing this more as a shooting opportunity than a pest control job, you will be able to keep anything you shoot. I shoot allot of pigeon on the land and dont currently own a gun dog due to travelling commitments, so anyone who helped me out with this deer issue and has an interest in pigeon shooting and rough shooting in the winter, im sure we can come to an arrangement :good:

This would be a fairly informal arrangement, we would set up a time, you would come out to the estate, and we would go out together with the rifle and possibly a few drinks and some grub and just stalk some deer. If that sounds good to anybody please send me a message.

Regards

B525shooter

PS: I just checked and the land is not cleared for firearms use, and getting the police out here will probs take a while, so could I please only have responses from people with open licenses, thanks alot.

Edited by browning525shooter

Even though I live 100 miles away I would be willing to assist with this offer

problem being although I have a capable rifle I dont have the experiance you require

I dont think you'll have any problem finding someone to help you out :good:

What are the chances of me coming for say one week or longer? should manage a few in the larder by then? I am retired with no commitments.

I would need somewere to stay as I live in Cheshire,

I have the deer stalking NVQ level 2 and am a registered hunter under the food hygene status.

I look forwards to your reply, Thanks

Great offer you have put out there B525shooter.

seen a few good people putting offers up here, i have even put the odd one up myself :hmm:

Would love to help you out but others on here are more experienced than me with deer.

just wanted to say 'wish i lived closer really' hehe

good luck and all the best

Phil.