another Walter on a car forum ?!

reedbradshaw

Hi, thought you all might want to see this. Clearly has no idea what he is talking about....city boy. My name on the forum is reedbradshaw

heres what the walt said, i can bet diamonds he never did any of that stuff. I thought REAL soldiers never bragged of their acheivments?

My credentials are that I'm an ex Royal Marine, sniper trained. I've forgotten more about shooting just about every type of weapon than you've ever learned, including the bow and arrow and catapult. I've spent more time shooting than you've spent on the lavatory.

What are your credentials then?....errrrr.... oh yes, you don't actually have any. You're an out and out very inexperienced amateur with a peashooter, and it shows.

All that guff you've posted proves my point. Without going into detail, basically it's amateurish twaddle to justify the unjustifiable, with talk of theoretical 'clean kills' which is highly misleading about what is achievable, that is what will actually happen in the real world with a very underpowered weapon. The fact you post to this 'evidence' and consider it to contain arguments of value in some way simply highlights your basic ignorance of the very limited capability of the weapon in question.

Air rifles are underpowered and will not give consistently clean kills. Anyone who shoots with an air rifle knows this to be so. I know because God knows how many animals and birds have suffered at my hands through the use of a very high powered air rifle when such things were not my concern, not to mention all the animals I've snared and trapped.

If you need a telescopic sight on an air rifle then you're either a rubbish shot or shooting 'quarry' at ranges well beyond any hope of a clean kill, but then if you've been shooting animals/birds with an air rifle you already know this very well despite your attempted arguments to the contrary.

I don't have many areas of great expertise but shooting happens to be one of them.

You look through the scope, windage and elevation have been calculated, you're aware that on a dew laden morning the relative humidity can raise the breech pressure as the bullet leaves you rifle, from 20 tons per square inch to over 25, the cross hairs, line up on a man's head, relax, breath out, suspend breathing, and gently..... squeeze the trigger. His head jerks a small hard movement, a mist of something momentarily behind. I had to ID the first man I shot. He was on his back, eyes open; just a small almost insignificant purple mark on his cheek below his left eye. Didn't look much until we picked him up. The whole of the back of his head was missing; most of his brain blown out of the cavity. On a dawn ambush once, the only person visible to shoot at was the cook, up bright and early going about his chores. The whistle blew, and the cook's head exploded, a headless body hit the floor, from the crossfire.

If you've seen and done these things, and have any humanity, the killing of anything is not something to be taken lightly. There's a paradigm shift in understanding about the real nature of killing, especially totally unnecessarily as a 'sport' which is the self indulgent killing and maiming of animals and birds that are defenceless, and in real terms have just as much right as you or I to exist. Don't give me any arguments about 'control' and 'necessary', I've got land of my own. I don't snare the fox that I've never seen that crosses it every night leaving a distinctive recognizable 'run' where it comes in from the road and goes out into neighbouring land. I don't shoot the pigeons, the ring doves, the gulls, jackdaws carrion crows or rooks or the polecat I saw last week simply because it's easy to salve my conscience and dismiss their right to life by using a pejorative adjective to describe them as 'vermin', and, it makes no difference whatsoever to the management of my land.

What we need for you is a five mile square area in Africa. You can go in at one side with a proper rifle and a fellow shooting enthusiast can go in the other. You hunt each other until one of you is dead. An adversary on equal terms shooting back. Not I realize quite as difficult a problem as dealing with a killer blood lust rabbit or a marauding razor clawed wood pigeon eh? So, fancy that then? Put your money where your mouth is with a 'quarry' that meets you on equal terms? No? Why ever not? Not happy to play the game on equal terms? Now how did I guess that?

xxxcking amateurs, I tell you, all **** and wind and no substance.

So, how do my shooting credentials compare with yours?

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?a...sult_type=posts

its ill informed people like this, that ill inform the illinformed.....in short blind leading blind !

Someone has a bee in their bonnet! :blush:

ps.Never heard of the 'Walter' expression-what does it mean or have i lived a sheltered life?

Walter Mitty - a chap who has a very vivid imagination and leads an exciting imaginary life. Often applied to armchair warriors who invent a heroic military career, which is usually a figment of their over-active imagination.

I agree with Cranners that he has an excellent fictional style of writing - he could make a success of writing adventure novels :lol:

Whether any of it is true or not, he has a **** attitude, pompous knobend :lol:

Edited by Chard

It refers to Walter Mitty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty

This is shortened to " Walt " a well known Services term for a Want To Be, or I have done it all merchant.

Some of them are really funny, and really stupid!!

Most easily found out, some Ex Servicemen take a dim view of it and will give a " WALT " a smack for his trouble.

A hoop worshipping gaylord.

Agreed.

Perhaps that link should be posted onto rumration so he can prove his stated "credentials".

ZB

But surely he'd find many Friends of the Hoop, there? :lol:

True, but thats a risk we'll have to take.

Oh, someone has posted him on the "Walt" thread on arrse.... :blush::hmm::lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

ZB

Some of the text in this post seem very similar to a book that i once read . The true story of an american marine sniper . Harnser .

Ah, Carlos Hathcock III no less. Now that boy could shoot, pretty much unbeatable at 1000yard range, he dropped a guy at 2000 yards with a 6x scope site on a .50 calibre M60 machine gun on single shot in Vietnam, confirmed. Whether you agree with the sentiment or not its well worth a read.

Edited by JR1960

:blush::lol::lol: What a load of old Tosh.... RM Sniper my ***.

Sounds like hes fallen out of his canoe a few times too many.

Perhaps his post should be forwarded to the Authorities as hes obviously got Phsychopathic tendancies :hmm:

My sister read the post and shes a Phsyco analyst.... She thinks he needs proper treatment.

Incidently modern BA sniper rifles use a 8.6 or 7.6 mm High penetration round.