Best / Worst Gun shop in N.Ireland

Ballymac

Express 24 gram steel 7.5 at £26.50 for 250

Do these have any stopping power, I know if you put them in the right place etc but heard reports that they have no killing power how do you find them and what do you shoot with them>

Hi Ballymac

I am sure these would do the job at close range but you would need to be accurate.

I use these at Hollow Farm clay ground and find them ideal for their three clay ranges.

The cartridges I use for pigeon and crow are fibre wad 6s & 5s in 32 gram.

All the best :lol: Rob

By the way, at Foymore Lodge its fibre wads only.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my own trap. It passes an afternoon very well! Spend much more time in the field but clays are good craic cos ye can wind each other up etc.

Yes, I shoot the clays a couple of times a week but not competitively.

Just for the craic with a few mates; Good banter and a very relaxed mood.

I dont get out to the pigeons or crows as much as I would like.

But still hopeful :good: Rob.

lol. so have yous many dogs for hunting etc

I'm not sure what your getting at, but... I find huntin grand with or without the dog. Clay pigeons are a bit borin when there's F all to put them in the air.

The only reason I mentioned I have a trap is cos clays are an expensive hobby if you don't and I wouldn't be lettin on I do it competitive.

I've started shooting clays again through the close season, nothing too much just a few lines of skeet or compact most weeks, i enjoy it but couldn't afford to do a lot of it, much prefer wildfowling or walking the fields, Just be careful with them manual traps guys, i witnessed a nasty accident with one a few years ago, a certain boy ended up with a busted knee out of being careless and not clicking the arm til it was locked!! It was a very painful experience appartently!! :good:

I've started shooting clays again through the close season, nothing too much just a few lines of skeet or compact most weeks, i enjoy it but couldn't afford to do a lot of it, much prefer wildfowling or walking the fields, Just be careful with them manual traps guys, i witnessed a nasty accident with one a few years ago, a certain boy ended up with a busted knee out of being careless and not clicking the arm til it was locked!! It was a very painful experience appartently!! :good:

sounds sore all traps are dangerous

near took my fingers off a couple of times with manual traps, always make sure you wear gloves as well :good:

the sporting range at tannyoky is good for a laugh (and a bit of practice) with mates, especially if youre shooting and you just get told 2 or 3 clays are going up, you dont know which ones will go - it helps speed up the reaction times believe me :yes:

First I tried the local guy , McCulloughs?

Very good / helpful

But I felt a bit too busy running the Vet's practise to facilitate browsing/deciding which rifle.

Plus there was a wee mix up over a rifle I trysted to buy that a deposit had already been paid on

I then visited McCloys

Very professional set up

And open proper /regular hours

And plenty of stock

And I got a thick skin so I browsed relentlessly( & you DONT want to see my trying to pick a car)

But expensive? ish, plus they never got back to me with a price for my choosen Rifle

Next on the recommendation of the Brother

I went to Young guns

Affable bloke, time to browse/query

I have therefore dealt there , price agreed, awaiting my FAC variation.

Ps

My father was "big" with Burke at Coleraine

Dont really know why I did not try there :good:

Edited by dieseldogg

I bet most people shoot clays on Easter Monday, or know where there is an organised shoot. New Years day nad Boxing day are popular also.i have a small manual trap but have not used it in a couple of yrs. Might get it out of the shed again see if it still works

Boxing day I get a couple of mates out of their own beds early and go for a long walk through a few marshes, snipe and woodcock are the main targets.

Without a dog we would raise some birds but with a good spaniel we flush much more.Anyone who goes rough shooting through bogs and marshes etc should have a dog with them

I bet most people shoot clays on Easter Monday, or know where there is an organised shoot. New Years day nad Boxing day are popular also.i have a small manual trap but have not used it in a couple of yrs. Might get it out of the shed again see if it still works

Boxing day I get a couple of mates out of their own beds early and go for a long walk through a few marshes, snipe and woodcock are the main targets.

Without a dog we would raise some birds but with a good spaniel we flush much more.Anyone who goes rough shooting through bogs and marshes etc should have a dog with them

would never go shooting without a dog even when decoying crows :good:

Edited by monkeyboots

Hi Sur

wuld ye nat ken i bes fea co Antrim

Actually born in Co Londonderry

But an Garry booge moss hole was cheaper to buy for a site for a hoose

Ps

But the hat comfey Texas = Stetson

an the flipflops fea Spain

Ye Ha

PPS

I am currently working on a grant application for the Ulster Scots spaking like

Edited by dieseldogg

Hi Sur

wuld ye nat ken i bes fea co Antrim

Actually born in Co Londonderry

But an Garry booge moss hole was cheaper to buy for a site for a hoose

Ps

But the hat comfey Texas = Stetson

an the flipflops fea Spain

Ye Ha

PPS

I am currently working on a grant application for the Ulster Scots spaking like

DO. YOU. SPEAK. ENGLISH?! :good:

Yes I be bigly bilinguish like too, as well as spaking Ulstrish reet weel forby

that should be guid for a wheen o quid

HAHA :good::yes: It might well be good for a few pound, especially with McCausland runnin the show...

Ye's are right on Liam though, he's far too busy as a vet to be reliable to deal with. I ended uo sittin in his yard an hour and half one day- even though I'd arranged to meet hi at 3 :good: