Wellies - and socks...

minghis

Well, someone must know the answer to the age old problem (for me, anyway) of how to stop your socks from coming off in your wellies?

I don't mean when you take the boots off, I mean that annoying feeling of them working their way down when you walk along.

Who has the answer?

Also a decent fitting pair of wellies is a must, if they slip on the heel they will have your socks off in seconds.

I fear this may well be the problem. The boots are a bit loose, and I reckon this heel thing is my problem.

The wife bought them, and with the best intentions she bought a size larger to allow for extra socks and so on, but in reality the boots sizing probably already takes this into account so ultimately they're about two sizes too big if I wear just regular socks.

Perhaps some nice insoles and some thicker socks will save me having to buy another pair of the right, smaller, size....

Proper fitted socks mate, and decent welly's. Socks arnt cheap but worth every penny when your freezing your nads off in a field... :hmm:

Also have a look at Smartwool socks, expensive but well worth the money...if you buy the thicker/winter grade ones they may take out some of the looseness. You can get insoles that'll take out approx half a size but you'd be far better off getting a proper fitting boot :lol:

Edited by ziplex

TKMax for Ski socks, very warm and cheap as chips...

I usually wear two pairs, ankle length inner and long almost up to the knee outer pair. Don't tuck my trousers in them, never have the problem of them sliding down.

I think it's more the fitting of the socks rather than the boot size.

My wellies are a size too big, and they were bought that way so that I could get them off.

The first pair I bought were my normal shoe size, but I got bored with the fight I had every time trying to get them off.

I wear a pair of the army issue socks that draw the sweat away, with my trousers tucked in them, and a pair of large white woollen fishing socks over the top.

My feet are always toasty and dry, unless I step in a flooded ditch :hmm: , and the boots are easy to take off.