Le chameau or aigle wellies (neopreen lined)

zipdog

You can't be comparing like for like.

I like my Chameau's but dread them wearing out as I am not convinced the newer ones are made of the same stuff as mine.

These must be 10 years old now and still going strong :good:

Maybe a bit like old Timberland - Great 10/20 years ago and cack now.

There is a genuine mark up between Aigle and Le Chameau that i think is purely reputation based

You can't be comparing like for like.

I like my Chameau's but dread them wearing out as I am not convinced the newer ones are made of the same stuff as mine.

These must be 10 years old now and still going strong :good:

Stuart,

I bought my pair of le chameau 2 years ago and they have had a hard life yet they are still as good as new. Apart from a zip tag coming off but Le chameau sent me a new one the next day and problem solved.

I have friends who bought Neoprene lined Chameau's over the last few years Martin and they just seem a bit softer, mine may have hardened with age who knows :good:

I am glad people still rate them, as come the day mine cough out I will probably stick with Chameau's

FCS neo Chameau's are £140 in John Norris so I can't see Aigles being £100 cheaper than that

Le Chameau :lol:

I have the neoprene lined jobbies, and they are light, soft, comfortable and warm. As per previous comment they really are like your old favourite slippers.

Paid 80-odd quid for mine, so can't see Aigle being 100 quid less than that, somehow!? :hmm:

FCS neo Chameau's are £140 in John Norris so I can't see Aigles being £100 cheaper than that

I was comparing the all singing, all dancing, zippy, neoprene jobbies - Agreed that for the basic "closed boot" neoprene, the difference will be less - But still enough for a couple of pints and a bag of chips on the way home, with no apparent difference in quality. I've only had mine for 6 months or so as the sensible part of me was always screaming "You can't pay that much for a pair of flippin' wellies" and so i compromised on cheap and nasty ones (Which left my wallet healthy, but my feet cold and sore). I will diary this post for 9 1/2 years and report back on their performance in that period :yp: :lol:

:hmm::lol:

I own both, both neoprene lined. The Le Chaneao are now about 10 years old and still good. I treated myself at the start of last season to a pair of Aigle. I feel that the Aigle are superior, but not by a massive margin. If I were to buy again I would buy Aigle.

webber

I own both, both neoprene lined. The Le Chaneao are now about 10 years old and still good. I treated myself at the start of last season to a pair of Aigle. I feel that the Aigle are superior, but not by a massive margin. If I were to buy again I would buy Aigle.

webber

Aigle for me then. Ta.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if another major player entered the market - both Chameau and Aigle could do with some competition.

EDIT

These maybe?

http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/search/7658-se...bber-boots.html

The amount of walking I do, I would like Vibram soles on my next boots, but I have to wear these out first..