Feral pigeons

daveman

I know most of you are not keen on shooting feral pigeons. But they have the merit of being relatively easy to shoot. But there is the usual problem of finding somewhere to shoot them with permission. I assume most of you have shot some ferals- where have you shot them, how big were your bags?

Mark- your advice is very sound. It was in that sort of place that I became interested in shooting. A mate had an airgun and got permission to shoot ferals after work from his manager. He worked in a place that had a group of single storey workshops and there were plenty of ferals in the grounds outside (especially after my mate started putting the bread down!). He asked me one day if I'd like to come along. I did and spent a summer evening popping the ferals. Went a few times more. We must have done hundreds over that summer. Sadly, the place shut down and I've lost touch with him. That place was also good because it wasn't overlooked.