Shooting coach in Bristol region?

sandspider

Hi all

With luck, I'm picking up my first shotgun on Sunday :blush::oops::lol:

Once I've done that and tried it a few times, I think I'd benefit from a few more lessons. Can anyone reccomend a good shooting coach in the Bristol area? And rough costs of an hour lesson? (For the first time, I can now supply my own cartridges, and soon supply my own gun! Woohoo!) :hmm:

Cheers,

Giles

I used to go to bristolclayshooting.com every week when I lived in Bristol and they do lessons there. They are based just north of Bristol in Kingswood (the village not the part of Bristol) and Charfield on alternate weekends. I did have a couple of lessons but can't remember how much they were.

Edited by allthegearandnoidea

I can give you a lesson or two if you want.

Mendip (Nr Wells) is the nearest club I can get to in your location. The only thing is that it`s very busy on a sunday. :good:

Just out of interest what sort of price would we be talking about for say 3 x 1 hour lessons at either Mendip or Mere?

I used to go to bristolclayshooting.com every week when I lived in Bristol and they do lessons there. They are based just north of Bristol in Kingswood (the village not the part of Bristol) and Charfield on alternate weekends. I did have a couple of lessons but can't remember how much they were.

I shoot here with Neil, a good social and not expensive. All the info is on his website.

Just out of interest what sort of price would we be talking about for say 3 x 1 hour lessons at either Mendip or Mere.?

Mendip.

Sporting. x 50 bird = £12

Skeet x 25 bird = £6.50

Absolute beginners tuition = 25 clays 25 cartridges = £18 (but is over in a flash.) No good if your already shooting.

Is usually very busy but very friendly.

CPSA coaches.

Mere is £6.00 for 25 clays at any discipline.

Cartridges are only £4,00 a box and top quality. Coaching with me (APSI qualified.) including 50 clays and 50 cartridges is £50. But will last around 2 x hours and there`s a free after lessons advice service.

Qualified to coach beginners and experienced shots having problems and do so all the time. :good:

It`s a lot more informal, not crowded and picturesque.

P.M me is best way to contact.

It`s up to you. :)

Edited by COACH

Just out of interest what sort of price would we be talking about for say 3 x 1 hour lessons at either Mendip or Mere.?

Mendip.

Skeet x 25 bird = £6.50

Absolute beginners tuition = 25 clays 25 cartridges = £18 (but is over in a flash.) No good if your already shooting.

CPSA coaches.

Cartridges are only £4,00 a box and top quality. Coaching with me (APSI qualified.) including 50 clays and 50 cartridges is £50. But will last around 2 x hours and there`s a free after lessons advice service.

Qualified to coach beginners and experienced shots having problems and do so all the time. :)

It`s up to you. :lol:

totally agree with the 2 hours. you cant really learn anything in one hour. :good::)

Apparently Bristol Clay Shooting are opening a weekday shooting ground after the Easter holidays.

News

New Weekday Shoot

After the Easter school holidays we will be opening a new shooting ground at Old Down Country Park.

Old Down is situated just outside Thornbury.

The shooting ground will be within a wooded area.

The facilities at Old Down are fabulous. There are toilets a well stocked farm shop and a cafe with a vast range of refreshments. There are also 2 wood burners to warm you if the weather is cold.

There is also a large gravel car park right by the booking in cabin.

We will still be giving away free tea and coffee, by way of vouchers which you can redeem in the cafe.

More details to follow.

have a lesson with COACH and you will not regret it he is calm and very good at what he does and have the run to mere if you have the time,its a brilliant ground for learning and very friendly and enough stands laid out in a way that you have a bit of privacy :good:

Mendip.

Skeet x 25 bird = £6.50

CPSA coaches.

Qualified to coach beginners and experienced shots having problems and do so all the time. :good:

P.M me is best way to contact.

It`s up to you. ???

Will sort something out soon Coach, been shooting off and on for about 15 years.