Bypass or remove aftermarket immobilizer

starlight32

Right then, I have only one key fob to my immobilizer on my shogun. I am not going to get another replacement as it ist'nt cost effective as I have no info on the make or model as it is an aftermarket one- a local auto alarm company say all they will do is take the old one off and put a new one on which is silly money and just not worth it.

This local auto alarm place won't even remove it unless they replace with a new one either.

My one is connected into the fuel pump and was wondering how you remove it or stop it from functioning. I could leave the motor as it is on one fob but it is too risky if I lose it or it inadvertenly activates and then be unable to disarm it.

It makes no difference to my insurance whether I have one or not as I do-not know the make so cannot declare it.

Starlight , the truck that I have just bought had an after market thatcham 1 alarm and immobiliser fitted . It was a right pain in the neck and made me say rude words . I took it to panks auto electricians in heigham street Norwich and they charged me 60 Jim to remove it . Well , well worth the money .

Harnser .

Right then, I have only one key fob to my immobilizer on my shogun. I am not going to get another replacement as it ist'nt cost effective as I have no info on the make or model as it is an aftermarket one- a local auto alarm company say all they will do is take the old one off and put a new one on which is silly money and just not worth it.

This local auto alarm place won't even remove it unless they replace with a new one either.

My one is connected into the fuel pump and was wondering how you remove it or stop it from functioning. I could leave the motor as it is on one fob but it is too risky if I lose it or it inadvertenly activates and then be unable to disarm it.

It makes no difference to my insurance whether I have one or not as I do-not know the make so cannot declare it.

if you find the immobilizer unit can you not just trace the wires form it to there source and remove them where there conected to the wiring loom ie take the whole thing out wires and all :good:

Had to disconnect the one on my Vit, has a Cobra alarm / immobilizer, all the wires are black I had to isolate the immobilizer side and re connect the loom where the alarm was spliced in, it took a while to trace the right wires (dash out etc.) but it can be done, mine totally immobilized so I could not get it to anywhere to be fixed and the prices I was being quoted for someone to come out were more than my truck is worth :good: LoL so no option for me, I still have the alarm side active at the mo.

To be honest if you can drive it £60 is not a bad price, it took me almost 2 days fafin about to sort mine..

It should only affect your insurance if it is a factory fitted unit or if you have declared it as fitted when taking your insurance (unless they snuck a little clause in requiring one and did not point it out)

Edited by Red 9R

Most shoguns were never fitted with alarm/immobilisers as standard equipment but this was offered as an extra-99% of all Mitsi dealers fitted the same system cos they had a deal with a certain supplier but i cant remember who it was.Most likely find the unit under your right knee after removing the plastic that hides your main fuse box.Complete new system can be had for well under £100 but might cost the same again to have it fitted.Ring around for a cash price-i paid £60 fitting with 2 sensors and a remote (hidden) horn cut out switch.

cut the power wire to the battery and then remove the unit.

if you do that to a correctly installed immobiliser you do what it

says immobilise the car. Immobilisers work by rerouting several

key connections through the box which is open circuit until you

activate it with the fob when it switches the power on to those circuits

typically to fuel pump and starter .Simply remove the box and there is no

feed to those connections.

To remove the unit involves stripping back the cars loom to trace

the connections to the immobiliser then replacing the missing links

in the loom and that is not a whole lot of fun. Worth checking with

the local independant alarm bloke to see how much replacement

fobs are.These chaps do not have the **** Turpin mentality of

main agents.