Anybody been out lately ?

Cranfield

I know the weather has been wet and (very) windy for the last few weeks, but has anybody been doing any shooting ?

I will be out and about for a looksee next week, but looking at the 5 day forecast its rain, rain and more rain.

I will shoot in most conditions (if forced), but I hate the rain and so do the birds.

What makes it even worse, the rivers are full of rain and too coloured (muddy) to fish.

I may have to go away on holiday. 8)  8)  8)

Depending on the weather i'll be shooting tomorrow,i finished work a bit early this afternoon and went for a look around (i allways keep a pair of binoculars in the van!),i found a field of stubble with a steady flow of birds coming in to it and a it was raining at the time so hopefully if its dry there maybe more besides :) .Thing is its on a farmers land that i dont shoot but i have worked for him in the past so he knows me atleast,I,ll take a drive up there in the morning and see what i can do :(  Have a few days away Cranfield you deserve it :)

Went for a quick ride round a couple of local shooting grounds yesterday to check out for this weekend but only birds in any quantity were stuffing their necks wth acorns under oak trees by the roadsides.With this and the weather forecast, I think I will be giving it a miss this week. :evil:

I have been out and about looking for pigeons today.

It started raining hard from about 11 am and doesn,t look like stopping anytime soon.

I saw a few birds sitting in the trees, nothing much flying and none on the fields.

I suspect they were deep in the woods, on acorns,berries or anything else they can find where its dry under the trees.

My farmer friend tells me there have been no birds on the rape yet, but this should change as all the stubbles have now been plowed in and there is no more drillings to do.

The big influence over the next few weeks will be the weather.

We need windy, cloudy,but DRY weather.

It will also make the river fishing improve.   :(

Anyone else been out ?