Shooting from a tower

Has anyone used, built or considered a tower either constructed in timber or scaffolding as a hide to shoot pigeon/crows from?

Similar in theory to a deer shooting high seat (but much wider platform).

Say something like the mini towers you see traps on at clay grounds.

Due to the overgrown hedges on my shoot I was considering getting an old scaffolding tower, fixing it into the ground by a tall hedge on a major flight line,

cammo netting it and using the elevation to shoot from.

The advantage being seeing over the ground as to where the pigeons are landing, and if sucessful maybe trying shooting down as it were onto decoys?

Without spending hundreds on a shiny allly tower which would be useless, or building something thats going to blow over, does anyone

who has done this successfully have a supplier of say used scaffold, or any bright ideas on construction and its use

Has anyone used, built or considered a tower either constructed in timber or scaffolding as a hide to shoot pigeon/crows from?

Due to the overgrown hedges on my shoot I was considering getting an old scaffolding tower, fixing it into the ground by a tall hedge on a major flight line,

The advantage being seeing over the ground as to where the pigeons are landing, and if sucessful maybe trying shooting down as it were onto decoys?

Without spending hundreds on a shiny allly tower which would be useless, or building something thats going to blow over, does anyone

who has done this successfully have a supplier of say used scaffold, or any bright ideas on construction and its use

Get "Chris Greens pigeon shooting the complete story volume 3"...He shoots from an 11 metre high platform in a wood....Great footage...Works to great effect...worth a watch...

>>LOOK HERE<<

I have shot in France from a network of hides built into the tops of the trees, some accessible by wooden walkways, others just from ladders.

They were used for roost shooting only.

Its quite an experience shooting at pigeons that are flying parallel to you at head height.

I think the major problem with such an idea for hedgerows around crops, is that it is inflexible, unless you had a mobile unit.

You can guarantee that once you built it in one place, the birds would go somewhere else.

Thanks have just seen the video, a very wobbly tower.....I take the point on the setting up may be wrong place, but have sussed one spot that for the last year every day I got shooting is the place to be for passing birds, in particular the crows.