Favorite fish and angling style

new to the flock

NTTF, its got to be fly fishing for me fishing a dry line with dry flies, rainbow & brown trout, my biggest rainbow ive caught so far is 13lb 9oz caught at my local still water (Avington) biggest brown 6lb on the river Itchen.

all the best

Buzzer

Very difficult question. :sick:

In the UK, tench fishing, method feeder style with a feeder rod, 6lb line and sweetcorn as bait.

In Ireland, drifting the reefs, redgilling for pollack.

15lb class 8' boat rod, 20lb PowerPro braid, reel line.

In the US, casting shrimp, under a Cajun Thunder for "sea trout" and redfish.

In Nth Spain, float rod, 4lb reel line, chubber float, trotting bread flake for mullet in Santander Harbour.

It has to be dry fly fishing for brown trout, nothing beats it for me.

In the past I did a lot of pike fishing with livebaits and had them up to 24lb.  I still enjoy lure fishing occasionally but the fly rod takes preference.

I do a fair bit of sea fishing in the summer off the Cornish coast for Pollack, Bass and Big Ballan Wrasse.  There isn't many fish arround to beat the initial power surges a Ballan Wrasse gives when first hooked. I've Had Ballans to nearly 6lb on float fished live hardback crab.

Salmon fishing (fly) on the river Tweed (dryburgh beat) closely followed by the Tay (Taymount/stobhall). I use a 16' Bruce and Walker norway speycaster. I've never caught that much but it's much like shooting. It's good just to be out.

On a side note the Ghillie at Dryburgh is a close friend of mine and appears in the Barbour cataloges all the time. he's the only one with the beard!

http://www.barbour.com/product/category.asp?cid=16

BB

"NB I put canada not USA"

Thank you Red Stag88 . Just one thing we deserve a capital at the start of Canada too. :sick:  :sick:   Perch are probably our number one pan fish. Most of us cut our teeth (on the fishing line) fishing  on them. I fish them mostly ultri-light and through the ice with a minnow set up. A few days back went ice fishing and caught our limit of fifty all over 10". Tasty :love:  :love:

Snatching that first four ounce roach from a tiny local pond all

thoseyears ago will stay in my mind longer than my best 9lb bass from a Gower mark, {havent got into double figures YET} Trottinga worm on a trout stream after a flood, spinningfor mackerel in August, Whiting and cod and frozen hands inNov/Dec, and theres all that shooting in between,,. Give me a second go at this "living"lark and I,d do exactly the same again.