Fox calls

Yorkshire Pudding

I've got a number of calls, and they all seem to work well.

I use a circle 3 in 1 call.  Long range / Med range / Short range.

Widgeon call is excellent. Good for close in work.

I copied a call from a Fox hunting video filmed in Australia.

It is basically like a shepherds dog whistle.

I used Aluminium, 6cms long / 3cms wide  folded in the middle use a 3mm drill and drill a hole through boths sides approx 1.5 cms onto the disk. Open the disk about 1.5 cms. your call is ready to use.

To use, place your tongue just over the top hole and blow. You may have to practice this before going after brushers.

When it works it sounds like a hare in distress.

This call will pull foxes from hundreds of yards away.

This is the best call I have. Leathal on a still night.

Hi columbus if you gently breath through the widgeon whistle it will sound like a rabbit in distress its good for close in work and over distance.Tried a few but this seems to have best results.you can hold it between your lips and teeth and have both hands free.

• 3 weeks later...

I admit to buying andre's video and whistle, It took me about 2 days to get the whistle working so it sounded like a rabbit in distress ( and boy I can replicate it great), it took me another 5 days to get back in the wifes good books, she hated listening to me screeching away 7 hrs a day.

I had my nephew up staying for some rabbit hunting, he kept pestering me to let him blow it, so in my despair I took him out into my shed and fabricated a whistle from old metal, just to keep him amused, once I had finnished it i could not believe my ears it was better than the origonal.

Dont tell Andre but I have made quite a few which are changed slightly from andre's design, I have gave them to good customers ( free of charge ).

When I first got my video camera I went put with the whistle, I just remembered I had it, about 20 min before dark, so I got it out and gave it 6 blasts, and low and behold I scrambled to the camera on to catch a vixen comming in at great speed, no rifle just camera.

I have noticed the raspier the sound the quicker they come in.

Start off with your calling in quick screams working to weaker and slower, If you ever have the chance to see a fox take a rabbit, the rabbit screams for dear life then fades away.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I use a wigeon whistle, but i mostly lick the back of my hand and suck, moving my hand slightly to make it squeal, then just suck away with variation. Quick, cheap, easy and can be done holding one's rifle to one's eye if you do the same on your arm. Oh yeah it works aswell. If im out with an airgun and see old charlie i'll practice on him, closest yet is about 15ft  :evil: