23 replies to this topic

#21 HDAV

HDAV
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13799 posts
  • Joined 27-January 10

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

The wood is quite dark, good figure and contrast. I will clean the wood and apply some oil which should improve the contrast quite nicely. Its a 1994 gun, clean as a whistle, apparently the guy that owned it has not used it in the last 10 years.....mint.

Quite excited now to get out with it later this week and miss some more clays!

I dont like the black actions too 80's for me, I personally think gun shops are worse than used car pitches, every gun is equivalent of "one careful lady owner" even it was george digweeds spare gun and had 30k carts through it!

Looks lovely tho mate, hope it improves your shooting! :balloon:

#22 Scully

Scully
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5310 posts
  • Joined 10-July 10

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

V.nice wood..looks similar to my 101.

#23 shaun4860

shaun4860
  • Moderators
  • 8696 posts
  • Joined 28-September 06

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

What a lovely looking gun.... :blink:

It will have the barrel length stamped on the barrels when you open it...generally left hand side alongside either "invector" or "invector plus"

shaun

#24 Marcus

Marcus
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 06-April 09

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

V.nice wood..looks similar to my 101.

What a lovely looking gun.... :blink:

It will have the barrel length stamped on the barrels when you open it...generally left hand side alongside either "invector" or "invector plus"

shaun

Thanks for your comments.

After all my flapping last night about barrel length, when I was cleaning / oiling the woodwork tonight I indeed saw the stamp that said 28" - I even measured the barrels this mornng as it was playing on my mind and didnt think to look on the barrel.

I also noticed when I took off the forend, that there are 2 brass bars either side of the barrel - I guess these were put there to aid with balance by the previous owner ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users