BROWNING OR BERETTA

jarranick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought a B525 30" m/c,but everytime I picked a silver pigoen it felt better,slimmer and better balanced FOR ME,also try them in fixed choke versions as they are less barrel heavy and that's why i bought one,most people I know just stick 1/2 and 1/4 in anyway and leave them alone after that.

I'm no expert,but go to a gun shop where you will get some proper advice on the fit of the gun,that is more important,let them help you decide,you may find a different brand altogether fits better,you won't know till you try all that's available.

And decide what you want to use the gun for,If you only intend to shoot clays the focus on those guns only.

I mainly shoot rough so I went for a game gun,which I can also comfortably shoot 100 clays with,I use 24 grm shells for clays,there's less recoil and no balistic disadvantage.

I think it's important to take your time in a shop,I felt embrassed as I felt I aught to know what I wanted so ended up make a quick decision when I bought a Browning,after all if buying new your spending £1300 easily and will lose lots again if you decide to sell.

Have you thought about getting your present gun altered to fit you?

My first gun was a Beretta silver pigeon. Bought it because it 'felt' nicer in the shop. After shooting realized it whacked me in the face due to being a bad fit despite shooting well with it. PX'd for a Browning, but after shooting that for 8 months, still couldn't shoot it as well as my Beretta. Long story short, I now shoot a Miroku MK38 teague sporter. It fits and I hit stuff. It's a grade5 so nicer looking gun for the money over a Browning.

Got to get the fit right. Brand is unimportant until you know what works for you. Trust me- I spent over £1000 finding that out!

Edited by jimmyb79

Although I own one of each of browning/ miroku/ winchester I

cant shoot for peanuts with them, so leave them to my wife and

son to play with and use either my 682 or 686 beretta all nice

comparable guns but I find the berettas fit me better. :rolleyes:

PS I like the girly gun bit had plenty years of lugging steel

girder looking things about :good:

Edited by fluke2

I own an sp4 gamegun. It is chambered 3". I have shot geese on the marsh and inland with it. It's also been used to kill thousands of pigeons, plus plenty of pheasants and ducks. It's also fine on clays. A great all rounder.

Edited by motty

i've got a Miroku mk70 32" sporter and a32" sp3, i prefer the handling of the miroku and can shoot it a bit better but the build quality of the beretta is far better

you've got to shoot it no one can make your mind up for you, see if you can try both before buying either

mikee

I AM THINKING OF BUYING A BROWNING B525, I CURRENTLY OWN A BERETTA SILVER PIGEON. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON WHICH IS THE BETTER GUN???

I brought a Grade 3 325 30" sporter and a Grade 6 325 sporter 16 yrs ago, sold the grade 6 as a mate drove me nuts to have it, also it was 32" so not good in the rough etc also he shot very well with it.

Only had one of the 2 springs in the safty let go in that time, and Dave Poole fixed it in a very short time.

Mind you i do keep it in a Beretta Bag as as a standing joke with the

lads as know one will try and steal it :crazy:

Browning 4 me

TEH

Edited by The Essex Hunter

Depends what sort of shooting you plan to do I would have thought.

Both were on my wish list and a visit to a dealer where you can handle both will tell you - one will feel right.

Mr Browning came home with me and I have never been disapointed.

Its been said many times - Buy right, Buy once

I AM THINKING OF BUYING A BROWNING B525, I CURRENTLY OWN A BERETTA SILVER PIGEON. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON WHICH IS THE BETTER GUN???

Both good guns bullet proof and will last for ever a lot of shooting grounds use them for this reason,it's as every one has said what fits you,if you shoot well with the sp keep it you will only get better if the fit is close keep going you will find you get a boggie bird after a while then if it bothers you get cast or lop sorted but like many I have learnt to stick to your favourite gun other wise the gun shop gets richer,my excuse on buying guns is I will use them for different purposes but still leave most in the cabinet,try not to buy on impaulse try a new gun if you can and not on easy targets,even ask a fellow shooter to have a go on their gun they waill never say no

Good luck

• 2 years later...

The Beretta opens on a stub pin positioned between the barrels. The Browning mechanism for opening is contained under the barrels. In consequence, the Beretta has a “shallower” action and feel as alluded to in some of the comments posted. My preference is for the Miroku MK38 model with 30in barrels and Teague multi-chokes. It is hefty, utterly reliable, really well made and value for money. However, I would not want to carry it on a day’s rough shooting. If you shoot a lot of shells you need a heavy gun. Manufacturers like to create a brand loyalty but both guns (and many other makes) are better than the man or women who shoots them.