tay wildfowling

micky1987

Access down the dundee/kingoodie end is restricted to an offical walking route at monorgan farm.This area i believe comes under somesort of reserve set up by perth and kinross council and as well the walking route there is a sign-in book at the parking area at monorgan.

I shoot the land from kingoodie up to beyond the start of the reeds but don't bother with wildfowl now but has henry says don't expect much the geese are usually sky high going in and out.

...... the geese wont be starting there yet are they?

I was out lamping last night and when we got back to the `keepers house we heard some pinks go past and they must be first of the many to come :lol:

There are usually a few Canadas (and resident greys) early in the season. The canadas usually leave after a few pastings and move to a few places around Tayside............no I won`t tell you :lol:

when i used to go up regularly i generally headed for an area called, i think "sea side" between powgavie and errol, its about 6 years since ive been but from memory we nearly always got a goose or two and an occasional duck

never seen reed beds like on the tay, 10tf tall in places

mikee

Thats not funny big dev. A lot of good fowlers have lost their shooting thanks to the land grabbing of Kent WA and they have pushed up the local clubs subs to take into account of increases of marsh rent that are going to follow this. And Starlight wait until Kent start taking your marshes.

Edited by anser2

Now then boys, stop the *itiching

The question was about the Tay in Scotland, where thankfully nearly all foreshore shooting is free, only in some areas a small

fee is sometimes required.

I to would like to know more about access on the Tay and its upper areas as I am thinking of a trip down to that neck of the woods later this year.

I shoot all around the Dornoch Firth areas and like most places you get good and bad days. My first outing this year I managed 5 greys

and to date I have had 10 down and in the frezzer in various states (full breast, mince burgers)

BBL

Thats not funny big dev. A lot of good fowlers have lost their shooting thanks to the land grabbing of Kent WA and they have pushed up the local clubs subs to take into account of increases of marsh rent that are going to follow this. And Starlight wait until Kent start taking your marshes.

Better it in the hands of Wildfowlers than the RSPB :good: and i sure the local fowlers will be able to join the club...

Better it in the hands of Wildfowlers than the RSPB :yes: and i sure the local fowlers will be able to join the club...

The locals were still going to be able to shoot if the RSPB had got it. We seem to have a cuckoo in the nest with Kent WA , Thats 2 marshes they have taken away from locals outside of their home county. All we used to have to worry about was the RSPB now Kent WA seem to want to expand their shooting across the country.

The locals were still going to be able to shoot if the RSPB had got it. We seem to have a cuckoo in the nest with Kent WA , Thats 2 marshes they have taken away from locals outside of their home county. All we used to have to worry about was the RSPB now Kent WA seem to want to expand their shooting across the country.

If the RSPB were involved then there would have been restrictions,then a years time perhaps more restrictions,then after the 10 years were up they would know how good the marsh might be and decide to buy it outright. What does it matter what club owns it,the locals can easily join the club and still shoot their marsh,probably a dam sight easier than it would have been to get in the LOCAL club for LOCAL people. Kent have proved to be excellent managers of their marshes.

Back to the start of all this was a question about wildfowling on the Tay. why have we gone down to Kent?

So another question about the Tay. Is there any access to the uper reaches of the river Tay nearer Perth and are there any

wildfowl to be had. I know of the east of Scotland wildfowling club but does it cover this area.

I dont wish to join a club as I will only be visiting for a short time but I do not mind paying for a permit

if this allows me access.

Last year I shot at Munlochy Bay on the Black Isle, where there is a local permit system in place and this allows you plenty of parking areas

around the bay with access to both sides of the bay.

Cheers, BBL

If the RSPB were involved then there would have been restrictions,then a years time perhaps more restrictions,then after the 10 years were up they would know how good the marsh might be and decide to buy it outright. What does it matter what club owns it,the locals can easily join the club and still shoot their marsh,probably a dam sight easier than it would have been to get in the LOCAL club for LOCAL people. Kent have proved to be excellent managers of their marshes.

Good call Terry.. :oops::lol:

Edited by bigdev