Miroku Fixed choke symbol

wacker

I have just been given a Miroku 600 12ga 28" fixed choke gun. The action is blued with floral engraving - looks like it was built circa 80's

I'd like to know what it's choked at. There is a stamping on the mono block, bottom barrel +- and top barrel, + Any idea's chaps?

Some people get all the luck proof marks will give you a precise year of proofing a choke gauge is about £10

But

From Wisnersinc.com

----------------------------

Choke identification will be found as small stars & dashes stamped on the LH side of the rear of the barrels near the extractors, covered up by the receiver when the barrels are closed. This system is similar to the current Browning Citori firearms made by Miroku with the exception of the skeet choking.

APPARENT SHOTGUN BARREL CHOKE MARKINGS

+ FC (full choke)

++ IC (improved cylinder)

++- IM (improved modified)

SS SK (skeet)

+- M (modified)

CYL (cylinder)

Read more: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=117362#ixzz15xqtiEZM

Nice guns

Around 1980 Browning changed their date codes to the 2 letters following the serial number that is under the top lever.... I was told the same applies to Miroku... if so the codes are :

Date of Manufacture

A two digit code

Z=1 T=6

Y=2 R=7

X=3 P=8

W=4 N=9

V=5 M=0

As to a choke gauge .. you need a proper tube mic with a dial ... measure internal bore and internal choke: subtract choke measurement from bore diameter = amount of choke constriction. Then pattern to see what it actually does!

Edited by seeker

• 2 years later...

I have recently got an old Miroku 12g O/U, have not got a clue as to what model it is but it looks good, handles well and works as it should.

Mine has the following marking on the barrels.

Top barrel .719 then followed an inch or so with a single +

Bottom barrel .729 then a double ++

any ideas on what chokes these may be ?

I think it is a relationship between the internal bore up the barrel and the internal bore at the muzzle, please correct me if I am wrong.

Any body know how I could find the model number out, the serial number is M387545.

Hope you may be able to help.

Schmoo

post-34659-0-12526100-1358816400_thumb.jpg

I have a miroku ore. The proof marks on the barrels will give you an idea of the year. Mine was the last of the z marks and dated 74. if you have cross swords and a b on the right and a letter on the left then its pre 74.

Take it to your local gun shop and ask them to give you an idea of the chokes as they could have been rebored to a different choke later in life.

Obviously buying a slab or cleaning solutions would open the gates for a free apraisal.

I have recently got an old Miroku 12g O/U, have not got a clue as to what model it is but it looks good, handles well and works as it should.

Mine has the following marking on the barrels.

Top barrel .719 then followed an inch or so with a single +

Bottom barrel .729 then a double ++

any ideas on what chokes these may be ?

I think it is a relationship between the internal bore up the barrel and the internal bore at the muzzle, please correct me if I am wrong.

Any body know how I could find the model number out, the serial number is M387545.

Hope you may be able to help.

Schmoo

Looks to me like a 700, I used to own one in the early 70s.

A