Jack Russell behaviour.

Cranfield

Cranners

The only answer i can give you is "dog's stuff" Myself and soon to be mrs pudding have a cat . The cat will sit on one cuboard at 1 side of the kitchen but not the cuboard on the opposite side . To the best of our knowlage the cat has not fallen off the "nasty" cuboard, STBM pudding ask the same kinda question about the cat . "cat's stuff".

I hope someone somewhere will give a more "sensible" answer than me.....

all the best yis yp :ph34r:

i have a jack russell which will do its tripod dog impression all the time it will hold its right hind leg off the ground,i have noticed it will do this when it has woken up or jumps off things,but you say to it come on titch in the truck bingo instant cure they seem to play on this and also the vet has told me that they really are quite a lazy dog as they get older mine is 7years,he is a bit of an old fraud and everyone falls for it,i feel that like you and i sometimes you wake and your a bit stiff dogs must do the same after a hard day, <_< "it really is a dogs life"

I have only had one jack russel and he showed that same comical trait, but the thing that I remember most about him was that he suffered painfully with the effects of stinging nettles on his pads especiallyaround early summer when the nettles were low growing and particularly potent. Although a tough little dog, I can remember him being in a lot of distress after a days shooting and unable to rest because of the nettle stings, until one evening I stood him in a shallow tray of vinegar, which

solved the problem immediately. Prior to this, I thought that a dogs pads were able to withstand anything. Ive never had this problem with any of the springers that Ive kept but have heard of other J Russel owners who have noticed the same. By the way, vinegar gives rapid relief for nettle stings on humans, the acid neutralizes the alkali.{as if you didnt know}

brooktrout, this Jack doesn,t go near stinging nettles, he rarely gets his feet dirty. :lol:

The vinegar tip, is a good one, I have used this in the past.

I,ve also heard that regular wiping of the pad with vinegar, can harden the pad, making it less sensitive to stings, thorns, etc.