Minimum number of decoys for a session on the feilds ?

I have recently got a new permition for rabbit pigeon and the occasional fox . Now I am sorted for my rabbit and fox setup but have verry little in the way of decoying gear !

I am looking to by some decoys but I have some questions first !

#1 - What is the Minimum qty of decoys I should start out with ?

#2 - Should I buy shells or full body ?

#3 - Are flocked decoys worth the extra cash ?

#4 - I have a flocked crow decoy, should I or can I put this to use when decoying and if so how ?

All answers are much appreciated :good:

i use bog standard shell deeks

12 will cost you around £25 with some spring sticks to add movement

set them up in the right place and you will get some sport

would highly recommend a glider/bouncer/floater/bumstik (whatever you want to call it!)

put the crow decoy out abit to the side of the pigeon decoys, some people think the crow decoy makes pigeons more sure of dropping, soemtimes i find the veir away from it but if that happens just pull it back in!

Good Luck

Edited by TJ91

#1 - What is the Minimum qty of decoys I should start out with ? About a dozen, prefer 2 doz.

#2 - Should I buy shells or full body ? Cheapest shells you can find (That way you can buy lots), paint by hand with humbrol or primer and use either the pegs supplied or metal brick straps to make them like EZ wobblers.

#3 - Are flocked decoys worth the extra cash ? Never needed to even think about them, so no.

#4 - I have a flocked crow decoy, should I or can I put this to use when decoying and if so how ? Yes you can, especially if shooting crows will earn noddy points with farmer/gamekeeper.

All answers are much appreciated :good:

Magnets are good, so are floaters and some swear by flappers. First two are the ones I use most.

Edited by henry d

One of the most usful bits of kit is a floater, the best is the one you stretch a dead bird onto, i always put them at the back of the pattern so it looks like a bird is dropping into the decoy area....i did make the mistake when i first used one, ( as i didnt think they would be very efffective )of putting them to far out....so set your decoys up bearing that in mind

ditchman