first night out lamping with .22

remmy1100

well been itching to get out and try my new rifle lamping so after travling 10 miles to a farm on me quad,get rifle rack.lamp,exhaust sorted.then get gun out of slip bolt out of pocket and :rolleyes::blush: put the 17 hmr bolt in pocket by mistake.so after dash home and back (50 min) get started again.went round first fields only saw two hares...next field picked up two rabbits at 60yds side by side .continued round and picked up few more at ranges out to 70yds finished with 9,lost one aswell it was flipping about( headshot )and disappeared whilst i shot his mate. so not bad night dispite awfull start :good::good: must say also field tested a p7 led lenser torch on top of scope and is cracking bit of kit pull push focus and vairable power :good:

post-2392-0-19784300-1303803265.jpg

dont know this p7 led torch but I ve just recently bought a cluson superlite supreme(torch) scope mounted,rate it highly on rabbits and have taken foxs using it,not a lightforce type light but being led type it takes a bit of getting used to,yes i know some will say very expensive but the quality is good,the scope mount is excellant and the price from Charlies direct is £110.00 all in.elsewhere its sold at about £150.00

Ive been debating one of the P7's what sort of range beam did you get with it?

was using lightforce 170 thats mounted on quad to sweep field to spot and shoot but

I used p7 out to 70 yards with no problems full power was very bright and low power was still adequate at that range to see bunnies.there around £65 at gun dealer but can get for £28ish on evilbay dont know about mount though ,which is good quality too :good::good:

dont know this p7 led torch but I ve just recently bought a cluson superlite supreme(torch) scope mounted,rate it highly on rabbits and have taken foxs using it,not a lightforce type light but being led type it takes a bit of getting used to,yes i know some will say very expensive but the quality is good,the scope mount is excellant and the price from Charlies direct is £110.00 all in.elsewhere its sold at about £150.00

yeah deffo the light from them very white ,they will all be around same irrelevant of make i would think .p7 is excellent quality as is the mount does yours have stock mounted switch and variable power . :good:

whats make is the gun rack .

do you get vibration when shooting or do you stop the engine when taking shots

just part ex a Honda 350es 2002 plate for a 2011 420es camo @ Taylor's ATV york very help full great customer care .

just bought a gun rest from solway feeders not yet tried but raring to go do you lamp by yourself or pillion passenger lamping on the back you shooting from the front any info much appreciated

post-1987-0-14133900-1304636513.jpg

Edited by stuartbrierley

whats make is the gun rack .

do you get vibration when shooting or do you stop the engine when taking shots

just part ex a Honda 350es 2002 plate for a 2011 420es camo @ Taylor's ATV york very help full great customer care .

just bought a gun rest from solway feeders not yet tried but raring to go do you lamp by yourself or pillion passenger lamping on the back you shooting from the front any info much appreciated

post-1987-0-14133900-1304636513.jpg

very nice quad mate .I made rack myself £190 was bit steep for solway rack .made it to suit myself so can fix lamp to either side and adjust to suit me.dont get no vibration covered mine with that soft black pipe lagging and never turn quad off.lamp by myself its less hassle that way .ive got stealth rear silencer on my quad makes it alot quieter to for those still nights atb :good:

looks good you should make some more they should sell like hot cakes :good::good:

some more pics with solway gun rest fitted

post-1987-0-43636000-1304687268.jpg

post-1987-0-39616700-1304687278.jpg

going to make couple of 1" square mesh boxes for front and rear racks got one on rear that i knocked up but its 1/4" box section framed and bit flimsy.is your front box home made?.and does your handle bar not catch your gun when in the clamp. tryed to fit mine there but caught.got my clamps behind seat ,carry gun on rest by sling when lamping easy to access.

i made the front mesh box, when the gun rest is removed it takes 2 double ferret boxes and a bag of nets leaving the rear box for shovels and rabbits the handel bars dont touch the gun when in the rack very easly removed iam going to have a different box made for the front as the cage does rattle

i made the front mesh box, when the gun rest is removed it takes 2 double ferret boxes and a bag of nets leaving the rear box for shovels and rabbits the handel bars dont touch the gun when in the rack very easly removed iam going to have a different box made for the front as the cage does rattle

best thing i ever fitted to mine for lamping was heated grips and some bar muffs it unreal how cold it still gets early hours :good: make sure to post up your first trip .is your quad road legal?

the quad is agri reg for road already heated grips fitted & bigger wheels the 2002 model had them fitted nice and hot ideal when ferreting on the moor done a lot of lamping from 4x4 pickup out the other week accounted for 102 Bunny's in 3 hours lighter plug gave up or it would have been more

post-1987-0-51864700-1304895532.jpghi lads got a phone call off a mate who i go shooting with asked me if i was available to go out on some new permision (dairy farm ) bunny bashing all was arranged and we got there about 7.30 pm spoke to the land owner who gave us a map of the fields were to go and were not to livestock in some .well set off driveing the fields 7.45 ish could not belive it watership down rabbits everywere accounted for 102 in 3 hours the last big field we went in the lamp dyed (red hot on the plug ) from now on will be wired straight to battery this main field is crawling with rabbits when the lamp broke we called it a day but we will be back alot of people will be leaving the rabbits at this time of year breeding but we gain a lot of permision because we bottom them

zero tolerance if there is one its one two many the pics were taken on my mobile so bit crappy

post-1987-0-91230900-1304895548.jpg

Edited by stuartbrierley

the quad is agri reg for road already heated grips fitted & bigger wheels the 2002 model had them fitted nice and hot ideal when ferreting on the moor done a lot of lamping from 4x4 pickup out the other week accounted for 102 Bunny's in 3 hours lighter plug gave up or it would have been more

post-1987-0-51864700-1304895532.jpghi lads got a phone call off a mate who i go shooting with asked me if i was available to go out on some new permision (dairy farm ) bunny bashing all was arranged and we got there about 7.30 pm spoke to the land owner who gave us a map of the fields were to go and were not to livestock in some .well set off driveing the fields 7.45 ish could not belive it watership down rabbits everywere accounted for 102 in 3 hours the last big field we went in the lamp dyed (red hot on the plug ) from now on will be wired straight to battery this main field is crawling with rabbits when the lamp broke we called it a day but we will be back alot of people will be leaving the rabbits at this time of year breeding but we gain a lot of permision because we bottom them

zero tolerance if there is one its one two many the pics were taken on my mobile so bit crappy

post-1987-0-91230900-1304895548.jpg

Very well done mate, Very good shooting :good: :good: :good: