SGC may be lost before its been granted

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only that he has spoken to the firearms team and they seem to be a bit slow up them parts, FEO only comes into office once a week and internal mail from him to the admin office can take over a week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have said that the FEO report looks good and there appears to be no reason why he should not be granted one, but it may take a further 4 weeks to process it.

OMG talk about slow.

Will keep you up to speed when I hear more.

Cheers Schmoo.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has arrived.

Yes

Yes

His SGC arrived this morning in the post, so he is planning a trip down here to the sunny south coast ( not at the moment it aint ! )

this weekend or early part of next week to put some lead down her, we will hit the clay ground and have a couple of trips out over my permission.

So all good news, I will get him to sign up and post on this forum, I think it is good for other members to know about other members experiences when applying for or re-newing a certificate.

Happy hunting fellow PW members.

Cheers Schmoo

Dekers was right in a way there is no point in saying what was going to happen as each FEO is different, for instance my mate was refused because he lives in the same house as his brother who was convicted of a drug offence(Had a large amount of Cannabis on him. But glad to see your mate got his Licence after what must of been years of living hell.

Well my mate came down, browing gun and sgc in tow. We went and spent 10 hours shooting saturday, clays for 6 hours and 4 hours at dusk last night on my permission, we had 250 clays between us and must have shot 150 rounds each, then we went and got diner off my permission, 3 pigeons.

Up at 4 this morning set out some deeks dug in and waited for the mist or fog to lift and got a tidy little bag of 6 pigeons, 2 further pigeons we couldnt recover and 2 big old crows.

So a fab weekend for my mate who has the horrible task now of driving all the way back up to Lincolnshire.

He has had a grin on his face all weekend and is the proud owner as am I of a sore shoulder !!!!

l am looking forward to the away match up at his permission soon !

Schmoo.

It's so good to hear the follow up to this story and to know that your mate came out of it ok. It's pretty harsh when someones life is restricted by the actions of someone close to them and I'm glad things went in his favour.

I'm not sure who posted it above but someone said that a young girl would have no hope of getting a gun and ammo out of a locked safe and using it. That's so true, and luckily the law has seen sense too. :good:

• 3 years later...

have to say I,ve not read it before,,has anyone got any news on how he got on by the way ?

atb Evo

sorry chaps,,just read the whole bloody thread,,he got it then

bit weird opening an old post but interesting

Edited by evo