Do the people in charge

DSPUK

You have to ask yourself what is wrong with IPCC - and they wonder why the public have no trust in them. :huh: :huh: :huh:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ipcc-may-misled-journalists-150436315.html

Why don't they keep their gobs shut and let the cleaner talk to press -- If they come out and own up and say - Sorry everyone we have shot wrong man again but it won't happen again we promise, then perhaps we might have some sympathy for them - no on second thoughts they are a complete and utter bunch of a- holes.

dave

It would appear that despite protests from the family, Mark Duggan was a senior member of the Star Gang. The Voice* acknowleded it and many tributes to him on Facebook and Twitter acknowledge the fact, albeit obsurely. " another star in the sky" and "a star geezer" etc

Aged 29 he would have been older than most of the gang and must have been high up.The circumstances of his shooting not withstanding, it would appear that his status as a senior gang member is fairly certain.

* the Voice is a newspaper for the West Indian community in London and at times very political. It causes and ferments a lot of unrest.

Edited by Vince Green

Frankly who cares, the guy had an unlicensed pistol tucked down his sock, he took the chance of getting stopped and the risk of getting shot by armed police and must have known the risks he was taking.

Good riddance IMO, the police didn't shoot the wrong man they shot someone carrying an illegal loaded gun.

There seems to be very selective blindness when talking about this as PaulF says - he was carrying a loaded, illegal firearm - most "repected family men" don't carry loaded pistols, either concealed or in plain sight. Personally I think the police should be encouraged and applauded for shooting gun carrying gang members

There seems to be very selective blindness when talking about this as PaulF says - he was carrying a loaded, illegal firearm - most "repected family men" don't carry loaded pistols, either concealed or in plain sight. Personally I think the police should be encouraged and applauded for shooting gun carrying gang members

If Trident officers declared open season on known gun carrying gangstas and shot more of the fookas they might actually make a difference to how many carry them.

If Trident officers declared open season on known gun carrying gangstas and shot more of the fookas they might actually make a difference to how many carry them.

Being nice doesn't seem to be helping, so I wouldn't have a problem with them trying that option.

Some of the people who I grew up with and still live in the area said from day one that he was a well known gang member and dealer.....

As someone has already said respected family men don't carry illegal guns - he got what he deserved and quite frankly the IPCC should be taking that line and wind the investigation up.

So if he didn't fire at police, how the hell did a bullet (police issue or not) end up in the policemans radio.

Was a bullet actually found in the policemans radio..?

I just don't get it, or am i missing something.

First bullet hit him in the chest, the second hit him in the arm, 'ricocheted' and ended up embedded in a police radio.............apparently.

If they come out and own up and say - Sorry everyone we have shot wrong man again

dave

What planet are you on?

If the peeler that shot him thought his or one of his colleagues lives were in danger then it was completely justified.

This is the message the IPCC should be giving.

What would the authorities in the USA, Australia, France, Germany etc have said?

Nial.