Pop Up Hides

This has probably been done before, but has anyone got / used one of those "pop up" all in one hides and how long do they take to put up, take down and pack away?

They seem like a good idea, however, they are the same dimensions as this http://www.elc.co.uk/toy-40298 (which is £25) but it appears that if you were to spray it a real tree camo and call it a shooters pop up hide you can ask £175 for one.

Cheers,

Mung

I know a few people that bought pop up hides for pigeon shooting and ended up selling them on eBay cheaply.

Theirs were the ones more useful to rifle shooters with window cutouts, rather than an open top.

They are also supposed to be very unstable in windy conditions.

Imo, there are few things better than an ex Army cammo net and 5 sturdy hide poles. :good:

Some things feel a lot better "old" school then the modern "american" way. So indeed some army netting and a few poles freshly chopped from the wood makes a fine hide. I usually stick a few branches with plenty of leaves around the hide to blend in. (of course ask permission first to use saw and axe :good: )

This has probably been done before, but has anyone got / used one of those "pop up" all in one hides and how long do they take to put up, take down and pack away?

They seem like a good idea, however, they are the same dimensions as this http://www.elc.co.uk/toy-40298 (which is £25) but it appears that if you were to spray it a real tree camo and call it a shooters pop up hide you can ask £175 for one.

Cheers,

Mung

And you dared to put bertie is gay on that other post! We all know who the gay one is now dont we princess! :yp:

• 5 weeks later...

I got three Ameristep Outhouse pop-up blinds from america for £30 each when my mother in law was over visting relative. The same ones are £130 over here.

Anyway, I have used them for shooting pigeons and have found them dead-on, but , they are no good when you're after crows. Crows are just not quite as dumb as pigeons.