Clay Club - Merseyside

Chubukos

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good, informal clay shoot in or around the Merseyside area.

Not looking too far afield. Aready shoot at a few places but finding they can be a bit stuffy.

Cheers

C

A good informal shoot not far from neston on the wirral its in puddington, very friendly people willing to help on the whole a good day falls on a sunday.

Stocks farm puddington is owned by David costain a very knowledgable fella and everyone is cool. Old and young Give a min to talk to the old boys we can all learn a bit. Sundays 2pm 25 clays and 25 carts for £8. Cannot top that Oh and try to make it known as on here am sure there's a couple. Might make it a meet up before Christmas if anyone interested

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if this shoot still happens?

If so, what's the protocol, just turn up or contact first? Not sure exactly where it is either!

I'm on the Wirral so this is closer than NWSS, also Sundays would be great!!!

Any advice will be, as always, much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Does anyone know if this shoot still happens?

If so, what's the protocol, just turn up or contact first? Not sure exactly where it is either!

I'm on the Wirral so this is closer than NWSS, also Sundays would be great!!!

Any advice will be, as always, much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Just turn up,starts at 2pm sundays,if you need directions pm me i have been going there for the last twelve years or so,its a good friendly shoot.

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good, informal clay shoot in or around the Merseyside area.

Not looking too far afield. Aready shoot at a few places but finding they can be a bit stuffy.

Cheers

C

[

Altcar clay target club, situated on Altcar Rifle Ranges at Hightown. DTL and Compak Sundays 10am until 1.00pm.

Ribble View (formerly Webton) at Hesketh Bank, Southport. Sundays 11.00am until 2.00pm Sporting off eight stands. Refreshments available. 50 clays £12.50p.

If you need any further info. PM me. I am going to Ribble View tomorrow.

P.S. You will need a pass to get into Altcar, PM me for details.

Edited by Westley

Yes, BUT has been resurrected on the 7th. March 2014, AND not by me. As the original thread was never really answered fully with the information requested, I have merely filled in the blanks. But thanks anyway.

P.S.

If they do not reply, I will presume they are deceased !!!

Edited by Westley

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Puddington for the first time yesterday, what a great little shoot, varied trap setup something for all abilities and a great crowd too, got a few good pointers which meant I hit a load of clays so was feeling chuffed to bits, AND its nearly on my doorstep!