Permission document

henry d

AUTHORITY TO SHOOT

I..............................................of...............................

................................................................................

................................................................................

In my capacity as Landowner / Tennant / Estate Manager / Game Keeper ( delete )

Authorise................................................ to shoot and remove VERMIN / GAME (delete ) as detailed below on my land as above.

1.May use ferrets.

2.May use lamps.

3.May be accompanied by other persons whilst shooting.

4.This authority remains in force until terminated by myself or appointed agent.

5.This authority gives sole shooting rights on the above land.

(delete as necessary)

Permitted Quarry

Vermin Corvids Game Deer

Woodpigeon Crow Pheasant Roe

Feral pigeon Rook Partridge Fallow

Collared Dove Jackdaw Hare Red

Rats Jay Duck Sika

Grey squirrel Magpie Geese

Rabbit Woodcock

Fox Snipe

G.B.B/L.B.B/Herring gulls Golden plover

( delete as necessary )

Signed................................................

Print....................................................

Date....................................................

Special notes or conditions..........

Sorry the game vermin etc list should be in a nice line and I`m not sure how to sort it but you get the idea :good:

EDIT** There should be 4 distinct vertical lines of vermin/corvids/game/deer but it appears the line breaks are removed and I`m not sure I can put them in.

If anyone needs it as a word document just PM me your e-mail.

• 10 months later...
AUTHORITY TO SHOOT

I..............................................of...............................

In my capacity as Landowner / Tennant / Estate Manager / Game Keeper ( delete )

Authorise................................................ to shoot and remove VERMIN / GAME (delete ) as detailed below on my land as above.

1.May use ferrets.

2.May use lamps.

3.May be accompanied by other persons whilst shooting.

4.This authority remains in force until terminated by myself or appointed agent.

5.This authority gives sole shooting rights on the above land.

(delete as necessary)

Permitted Quarry

Vermin Corvids Game Deer

Woodpigeon Crow Pheasant Roe

Feral pigeon Rook Partridge Fallow

Collared Dove Jackdaw Hare Red

Rats Jay Duck Sika

Grey squirrel Magpie Geese

Rabbit Woodcock

Fox Snipe

G.B.B/L.B.B/Herring gulls Golden plover

( delete as necessary )

Signed................................................

Print....................................................

Date....................................................

Special notes or conditions..........

Sorry the game vermin etc list should be in a nice line and I`m not sure how to sort it but you get the idea :D

EDIT** There should be 4 distinct vertical lines of vermin/corvids/game/deer but it appears the line breaks are removed and I`m not sure I can put them in.

If anyone needs it as a word document just PM me your e-mail.

This is ok,,, but I would have added which pemitted Guns and calibres I.E. Shotguns, Air Rifles,/ .22rf /.223/.243/.308 Etc, etc,

• 1 month later...

i have one very similer if anyone wants it

VERMIN SHOOTING PERMISSION

We, the Landowners/tenants/gamekeeper with shooting rights,

Agree to allow the undersigned to control by shooting, those pests

Covered under Schedule II of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981,

Section 1 of the Pest Control Act 1959 and any other relevant legislation

In return for the granting of this permission, we expect the

Undersigned to respect the land, livestock and crops there on. Furthermore,

We expect the undersigned to behave in a safe and responsible Manner at

All times and respect our wishes and interests.

Disclaimer

We expect the undersigned to behave in a safe and responsible manner at

All times and respect our wishes and interests. We, the Landowners/tenants with shooting rights, take no responsibility for the actions of the undersigned. The undersigned will endeavor to comply with all legal obligations regarding the

Use of firearms. The Landowners accept no responsibility for any non-compliance with current firearms legislation.

- AND ANYONE WHO ACCOMPANIES HIM

Has our permission to enter or shoot on the following properties:

……………………………………………………………………â€

…

……………………………………………………………..………

€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..……………………………………………………â

¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â

¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..…………………………………………………â€

…………………

Name of Farmer/Landowner ………………………… Signed……………………………

Shooter …………………….…..……… Signed............................................................

Address …

Telephone Number(s) Home …………………… Mobile …………………………….

It's good, but don't take this to heart my friend :-

It repeats itself, there are glaring grammatical errors and you keep intra-capitalising for some reason. At the start you attempt to get the person signing to qualify their position, then at the end you ask them to re-state it?

Not a bad effort, but if I were reading it, please don't freak, I would say "amateur"

Sorry, :stupid:

Imo keeping it simply is the best idea when you start quoting legislation and trying to be smart (not a dig) farmers arent going to like it.

The most important thing to do is make friends with the farmer and make sure he is happy then you wont have any problems. As for the permission just have a letter that states that you have permission to shoot over his lands with whatever firearm and in what capacity.

This is what I have used in the past, very much based on HenryD's pinned sample.

Authority to Shoot

[Date of agreement].

To whom it may concern.

This letter confirms that [enter name of shooter] has been authorised to shoot and remove pests, vermin, fox and game on [state name of farm/land] by the [landowner / tenant / estate manager / game keeper / farmer] using [shotgun, air rifle and rifle].

[enter name of shooter] is authorized to take up to one guest with them whilst shooting.

Shooting is restricted to: [enter restrictions (days/hours/location) or “no restrictionsâ€]

Name of person authorizing: [enter name here]

Authorizing persons contact number: [enter number]

This authorization remains in force until it is terminated by [enter name here]

Authorizing persons signature:

*delete/amend as applicable items in []

sorry its a bit amateur pin i was wondering if u get a bit of time could you put something a little more profesional together

I had been on the wine and was a bit harsh there my friend :good: Wasn't meant to be.

To have it right I just pinched and slightly changed the one henryd posted, not having the talent to write my own :stupid:

That will teach me to criticise others :stupid:

Imo keeping it simply is the best idea when you start quoting legislation and trying to be smart (not a dig) farmers arent going to like it.

The most important thing to do is make friends with the farmer and make sure he is happy then you wont have any problems. As for the permission just have a letter that states that you have permission to shoot over his lands with whatever firearm and in what capacity.

This is my view, keeping it simple can pay dividends should a problem arise, its more important to maintain a rapport with the landowner/farmer if you ask for a complicated form to be signed most will want to study it in detail "later when they have time".

Just add that its a good idea to carry a photocopy of the permission together with your certs when out shooting, especially when out lamping and plod turns up :stupid:

:stupid: D2D

Try This 1 - got it in word format if anybody wants it!

Shooting Permission

Authority Document

Date: ………………..

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter confirms that Mr ………………….. have my full permission/authority to use the following firearms .22 RF Rifle, .17 HMR Rifle,.222, .223, .243 Rifle and a Shotgun on any land owned/leased or Keepered by myself for the purpose of vermin & fox destruction/control.

They my also use my land for the purpose of ranging and sighting the firearms mentioned above, subject to the terms and conditions agreed between myself and Mr ………………………………. on the above date.

Signed: ………………………….

Print: ……………………….....

Address: ………………………….

………………………….

………………………….

………………………….

………………………….

My one is

I ................. give "your name goes here" permission to shoot on my lands at whereever

Signed

I am lucky to be on very good terms with alot of my farmers since im either related have known them for years, grew up with they're kids or have been recommended if there's a problem i will always go straight to the farmer and clear it up with him and make sure he's happy and always give a quick call before i go out to let him know im there.

• 5 months later...
Try This 1 - got it in word format if anybody wants it!

Shooting Permission

Authority Document

Date: ………………..

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter confirms that Mr ………………….. have my full permission/authority to use the following firearms .22 RF Rifle, .17 HMR Rifle,.222, .223, .243 Rifle and a Shotgun on any land owned/leased or Keepered by myself for the purpose of vermin & fox destruction/control.

They my also use my land for the purpose of ranging and sighting the firearms mentioned above, subject to the terms and conditions agreed between myself and Mr ………………………………. on the above date.

Liked this one the best PM me with it in word,most grateful.

John

Signed: ………………………….

Print: ……………………….....

Address: ………………………….

………………………….

………………………….

………………………….

………………………….

• 7 months later...

Okay right who would say which permission letter is the best and could someone help me give me some ideas how to get permission i am a gamekeeper but would like land around my area instead of having to drive half an hour like if i want to have a mooch about in the evening with the dog could anyone help me.

• 11 months later...

here's mine:

-------------

FRONT:

-------------

VERMIN CONTROL AUTHORISATION

-----------------------------------------

I, ___________________________________,

(insert name)

in the capacity of _______________________,

(Tenant/Landowner/Agent/etc)

or representing ________________________,

________________________,

________________________,

(insert company name & office address)

do hereby authorise the bearer of this document who will identify himself as [insert name], of [insert full postal address], to occupy the area indicated on the reverse of this document up to described boundaries, and to use such lethal methods as described in the DEFRA General Licences to control such animals described as vermin, invader species or pest animals within those documents, specifically those which present a danger to public health and safety or native species, structures, vehicles, aircraft, livestock, agriculture, foodstuffs (Delete as appropriate).

This licence takes effect from (date)_____________________

until (date)_____________________

Authorised Signature (Client):

Authorised Signature (Agent):

Police Reference #:

Name/Badge #:

Station:

Site Code:

Legal Stuff:

For the purposes of this document, the term “Client” should be taken to mean the tenant or landowner or other such authorised person with the right to grant the scope of this Licence. The term “Agent” should be taken to mean the person charged with the task of executing aforementioned activity.

This document is a site specific Licence and is not transferable between persons or sites. Additional sites require additional Licences.

While safety regulations for specific sites (eg aerodromes, railways, construction sites) should be made clear to the Agent, the Agent assumes all responsibility for his own safety and the safety of others around him while operating on site.

Clients should be aware that air weapons, poisons or traps may be used, hence precautions should be taken to ensure their own safety and that of the public.

Where multiple Agents are on site, radio transceivers and other signalling devices (eg whistles) shall be in use at all times.

Prior to commencement of first operation, the site shall be fully surveyed to determine the best method of control and to locate boundaries.

-----------------------------------------------

----------

BACK:

----------

[contains, among other things, an overlay map from eg Google Earth, clearly marking the boundaries of the shooting area and GPS co-ordinates of the NE, NW, SE and SW corners of the shooting area; a passport-type photograph of the shooter with the following information next to or immediately below: the shooter's name and an emergency contact number for site management and operative's next of kin]

-----------------------------------------------

NOTES:

This document should completely fill two sides of A4, with the practicality of being able to reduce it in size via colour reprographic process to A5 double sided then to be laminated and carried on site.

Let the critique begin... :no:

:no: simple is the best idea, this is what I use, printed out 3 times on each A4 sheet, photo copied and stored in the van and at home in plastic wallets

To whom it may concern:

PAUL223*** of * ***** ********, ******** Nr *****

Has permission to shoot vermin / fox / deer on my land, namely:

…………………………………………………………

…………………………………………………………

…………………………………………………………

Signed

…………………………………………………………

like I say simple, not overly confusing, and doest make the farmer feel like he signing his life away :/

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently started using this letter to protect myself and the farmer from shooting colleagues/mates from deciding to just pop on to the land when they think they can.

Also the insurance is very important as if I can go to the bother/expense then so can the people who shoot with me.

The details have satisfied the odd visit from a passing police officer and I hope this helps.

I carry a copy of each letter in a file; in the jeep at all times.

AUTHORITY TO SHOOT

I (name)………………………… of (farm) ………………………………………

In my capacity as, Landowner, Tenant, Estate Manager, Game Keeper (delete)

Address …………………………………………

…………………………………………

…………………………………………

…………………………………………

Postcode …………………………………………

Telephone No ………………………………. Mobile No …………………………

Acreage ………………… Land clearance (if known) Calibre………………...

Authorise, Dave K******** and his nominated associates, to shoot and remove VERMIN / GAME (delete) as detailed above on my land as described. The boundaries for this activity will be confined to the area(s) defined by the Landowner using any legally owned and permitted Shotgun/Firearm.

Relevant liability insurance MUST be obtained (B.A.S.C or similar ) by all parties..

1. Additional shooters are ONLY permitted when accompanied by the above named person or instructed by same.

2. Lamping is / is not permitted (delete)

3. This authority remains in force until terminated by myself or appointed agent.

4. This authority does/does not (delete) offer sole shooting rights to the land described above.

PERMITTED QUARRY (DELETE AS APPROPRIATE)

ALL TYPES OF VERMIN including

Wood pigeon, Ferals etc

Rabbit

Fox

ALL TYPES OF CORVIDS including

Crows, Rooks, Jays and Magpies

GAME (In Season)

Pheasant

Partridge

Duck

Geese

Deer …... Muntjac .….. Roe ….. Fallow…..

Signed ………………………………………..

Print ………………………………….

Dated …………………………………………

Dave K

• 4 months later...
:good: simple is the best idea, this is what I use, printed out 3 times on each A4 sheet, photo copied and stored in the van and at home in plastic wallets

To whom it may concern:

PAUL223*** of * ***** ********, ******** Nr *****

Has permission to shoot vermin / fox / deer on my land, namely:

…………………………………………………………

…………………………………………………………

…………………………………………………………

Signed

…………………………………………………………

like I say simple, not overly confusing, and doest make the farmer feel like he signing his life away :yes:

Thats probably the best one ive seen so far, keep it simple i suppose, the only one thing that i would add to it is 'has permission to shoot vermin etc etc by any lawful means available to him'

• 10 months later...

here's the ones i have used in the past got hundreds upon hundreds of acres now

Letter of permission

(For pest control and legal activities under the Hunting Act 2004)

To Whom It May Concern, as the Landowner /Farmer / Manager of land situated at..............................................................................

I give (...........................................and.................................

.......................) permission to hunt rabbits and undertake other legal activities (under the meaning of the Hunting Act 2004) on the above land / farm.

The permission holder agrees to carry or display in car window a copy of this letter of permission at all times while on the premises.

Permission is allowed for dogs under close supervision Yes / No.

Permission is for ferreting for rabbit's with nets Yes/No and Dogs Yes/No

It is emphasized that this permission applies only for legal activities and should the permission holder commit any illegal act on the above land the permission will be rescinded.

Signed by Land-owner (as defined in the Hunting Act) Agreed by permission holder

Land owner..........................................................

Permission holder...............................................

Permission holder...............................................

Date: ............................................

Edited by John-B

Letter of Permission

For Pest Control and Legal Activities under the Hunting Act 2004

To Whom It May Concern, as the Landowner / Farmer / Manager of land situated at..............................................................................

........................................................................Post Code: ........................

Telephone Number(s): .............................../...................................

I give (.....................................................and.......................

..............................) permission to hunt rabbits and undertake other legal activities (under the meaning of the Hunting Act 2004) on the above land / farm / other.

The permission holder agrees to carry and/or display in car window a copy of this letter of permission at all times while on the premises.

Permission is allowed for dogs under close supervision: Yes / No.

Permission is allowed for ferreting rabbit's with nets: Yes / No Guns: Yes / No.

It is emphasized that this permission applies only for legal activities and should the permission holder commit any illegal act on the above land the permission will be rescinded.

Date on which the permission was agreed: ....................

Date on which the permission expires (if applicable)....................

Signed by Land-owner (as defined in the Hunting Act) Agreed by permission holder

Land Owner 1...............................................................................

Land Owner 2...............................................................................

Permission Holder 1...............................................................................

Permission Holder 2...............................................................................

Date signed: ................................................................................

• 1 year later...

i have just got my first permission in donkies years to shoot on a farmers land although he really couldnt care less i relaise i need permission slips to act legally and have seen loads, none suited what i wanted, which is something to be simple but proffesional.... i am by no means expert at these things as i said its all new to me so can you have a nose at the attached file and let me know what you think.. be as brutal as you like as i want to get this right :)

i will say that it looked better as a word file, it seemed to loose something when i converted to pdf so that i could upload it here. line sizes changed etc.

shooting permission form 2.pdf

• 1 month later...