Ring on the hob has no spark

Cosd

Four rings on our gas hob and ignition works on all but one of the rings :hmm:

The ignition is mains powered, don't know if that is relevant!

Anyone know what this could be?

And is this something I could fix myself or do I need to get the professionals in?

Check all the ring burners are located in the right place and central, it sounds like the faulty one might be shorting out.

Ring burners can only sit centrally, can't see anything shorting out.

Regarding the gaps I used a knife edge right close to the bit that is supposed to spark and touching the ring to imitate a much tighter gap and still nothing; did the same experiment with others and they sparked happily to the knife....

This happens to us every week after the cleaning lady cleans the hob. Sometimes water and/or detergent blocks the ring pipe or dampens the spark generator. Use a match to light it, and if after a couple of uses it still does not ignite, then it is something else. But definitely a possibility, anyway!

This happens to us every week after the cleaning lady cleans the hob. Sometimes water and/or detergent blocks the ring pipe or dampens the spark generator. Use a match to light it, and if after a couple of uses it still does not ignite, then it is something else. But definitely a possibility, anyway!

I asked my cleaning lady if she could be more carful when she cleans the hob, and she said if I ain't careful I'll never see my kids again and shell take me to the cleaners 😳

Edited by Cosd

I do not blame her. I was just trying to help. I am not sure why you guys take the mick...

I was just kidding mate!

I don't have a cleaning lady, I was actually referring to to the wife, hence "she'll take my kids and...."

I'll get my coat :blush: