Eley First Fibre

I used them a bit, and felt that they had more recoil than my preferred budget clay cartridge (Hull Comp X), but I was impressed with the breaks (but that may just be a psychological thing due to the recoil).

Shot 500 or so without any problems. To be honest, I don't see why you'd pay any more for a clay cartridge, unless you're at least AA class and need something that patterns well at distance for those long range clays at the big competitions.

I once bought 250 elay firsts in fiber and they worked okay except for the fibre wad ! They broke up like confetti with nearly every shot and i was soon known for them on the clay ground and people continually took the Pee for them. So I have never been back to them. Its express hull or gamebore for me now ! :good:

good carts for shure, used them on the pigeons and they work well.

also another is Kent Volocity 7.5 28g very good pigeon and clay cart.

theres some come out at the min which are £37.50 for 250 called Dan Arms, everyone round here seens to be using them, dont no what there like though yet. :good:

Cheap but the crud in the gun after shooting is awful. Genuinely takes 4 times as long to clean the gun after shooting them. The lead must be soft and smear in the gun. That alone stopped me using them. I have a slab under the bed if I run out of everything else that I can't bring myself to use.

I have used a lot of Eley First historically on the clays.

Did what they said and worked, they used to be FILTHY, all sorts of crud used to fly out of the barrel, but they worked, I have heard others say more recently they are not so dirty anymore.

Does it matter, I'm never going to win any world championships and my endeavours on the clay are just a bit of fun, and the gun gets cleaned afterwards whatever I put through it!

:good::good:

I use the Kent velocity, they seem better then the firsts but I only got them as they was the ones on offer. By better I mean smoother. I like the look to as there clear and you can see what's in them. Last time clay shooting a chap got hold of his dads cartridges and emtied the shot and put tissue in the last few, no wonder he missed alot. But I normally get the firsts, great cartridges don't have any complaints about them