Magazine conversion on Howa 1500

eddoakley

Just fitted a conversion kit to my Howa, from floorplate to 5 shot mag. Only £100 and simple to do but I'm just not sure if I like it :hmm:

Has anyone done it? Does the benefit of convenience outweight the down side of the extra protrusion of the mag from the stock?

I have never really had a problem with the floorplate but just fancied the magazine when I bought the gun and now that they are cheaper I thought that I would give it a go but now that its on I'm not so convinced..

Any advice/opinions?

Edd

hi edd iam just about to buy one for my Howa 1500 with a GRS custom stock if you decide to take it of i could be interested in having of you cheers wolf

like the idea of the 5 mag on my howa easy to unload if you have isue

The floor plate holds 5 rounds i changed from that to a 10 shot mag in my hows 1500 in 308 cal

did not like it so only used it about 3 times on the range before i changed back to just the floor plate.

I have the GRS stock on mine as well it only gets used on the ranges because of the weight. :good: