sound moderator for 223

silverhawk

Just got my 223 granted for fox.Can anyone recomend a moderator for a 223 :hmm:.I will be lamping alot so after one that moderates well :good:

You are not going to make a .223 (actually ANY CF) quiet, unless you want to use a Sub Sonic load, somewhat self defeating in many ways generally!

I still have these, everyone will tell you what they have is best, I'm not, I'm simply saying they offer a package of size, weight, moderation, price, stripability, spares, etc that works for me!

Predator 8 COMPACTS, on all my CF's! .223, .243, .308! :good:

post-20848-0-05414700-1327787079.jpg

The very best I've ever heard is a Pes (MAE these days) over barrel. The P8 comes close behind it and is lighter although larger in diameter. A T4/T8 is a quiet mod but I don't like the idea of something made of metal that can rust yet can't be stripped for cleaning!

Personally I'd go for a Pes if you don't mind spending £300+. They're well worth it IMO :yes:

I had the T8 for my .223 and didn't like the weight and the fact that it will rust(I can't be trusted to oil it every outing :blush: )

I bought this from a shop just off the M25, Country Pursuits in Rickmansworth. They have them made by a local engineering form and its very good quality.

Its tiny, light, strip-able and really well made. I found I wasn't ever shooting with the T8 on the rifle and didn't wear ear protection as it is so disorientating at night.

This little mod is not quite as quiet as the big boys but its comfortable to shoot with no hearing protection which is all I want.

Not much bigger than a SAK and the best bit was that it cost £125 :good:

post-650-0-63984300-1327826532.jpg

Centrefire pointing left with synthetic stock :rolleyes:

Edited by bennyblanco