BARF diet, anyone use it?

955i

I do and it has cured my dogs skin problems . Nearly. He has raw meat ( chicken, turkey, lamb, rabbit, beef and fish) then rice, pasta , potatoes, oats, a mixed fruit & veg combo pureed. Plus he has raw meaty bones every otherday. Sometimes a bit of gravy too. My lab loves it :yes:

Basically it's 2-3% of the dogs body weight. Pets at home belive it or not sell a wide selection of "prize choice" frozen raw dog meats or stuff from a butcher.

The main thing is to not get to hung up on what exactly it is your feeding just keep it varied.

All nine of mine are on mostly raw food. Green tripe mince or chicken and bone mince with raw cabbage and carrots. They also get a bit of cooked pasta and Laughing Dog or Fold Hill meal. They love it and do well on it. It's also relatively cheap. They have dried tripe sticks as a treat. Personally I don't like to feed them any processed food, particularly complete foods - some of those are akin to feeding a three year old child on diet of orange squash and blue Smarties!!!

My dog can not just have dried dog food as it upsets his stomach. So he is on a mainly barf diet. Raw AMP (anglian meat products) meat, either tripe or chicken. Doesnt like the beef or fish variety. (Only likes fish cooked.) Cooked vegetables, rice, pasta. Our left overs (loves roast chicken night). In the mornings he has a raw chicken wing or two. And when I can get them, meaty bones. If I dont have any veggies then I just mix a handful of terrier mix with it to add vitamins, which he gets on with fine. I get cheap liver, cook it up, slice and freeze it. He had a couple chunks a week. He has a yogurt once a week and a small amount of porridge each morning (sons left overs). His motions are firm, his coat is shiny and he has bundles of energy. I have some vitamins for dogs to add if he seems below par, but that is not often and brewers yeast as well. I have tried many different dried dog foods from cheap to bldy expensive, but they all give him the squits, so barf is not just another option for me - it is essential.

I don't feed raw but I do give raw green tripe and frozen raw bones along with their usual kibble. I get my bones from the butchers and get the tripe in 1lb frozen blocks from kennel gate.

What dog have you got?

She is a Utonagan.

Thread with a pic of her here My link :D