Semi-Auto Hunting Air rifle?

Murray

Semi auto is banned in the UK ,do you mean bolt action with a magazine?

Deershooter

I wasn't aware co2 semi-autos were banned, what about the crosman 1077 or the Umarex Beretta CX-4 Storm XT?

Edited by Murray

to keep it short there are no semi auto airguns that are suitable for hunting co2 or otherwise .

Saw a couple of guys with FX Monsoons recently on FAC they were most definately suitable for hunting being 30ft/ib accurate self loaders?

http://www.fxairguns.com/rifle/the-monsoon/

Not sure who is importing them here though?

Edited by RichardH

There is a gentlemans agreament with the Airgun trade and the Home office "dont import them and the home office will not try and put further ristrictions on ther air gun trade"

a good can of worms

Deershooter

But someone is importing them and signing them onto S1 tickets?

A few years ago now I had a sub 12 air rifle, it was bought new and definitely legal. As I recall it took 11 shots in a removable rotary magazine. It took a small CO2 cartridge. No bolt on it. Each time you pulled the trigger it fired, that's what I'd call a semi.

Unless things have changed fairly recently I'm sure they are still legal - though personally for anything but target shooting I'd only recommend a bolt action.

A few years ago now I had a sub 12 air rifle, it was bought new and definitely legal. As I recall it took 11 shots in a removable rotary magazine. It took a small CO2 cartridge. No bolt on it. Each time you pulled the trigger it fired, that's what I'd call a semi.

Unless things have changed fairly recently I'm sure they are still legal - though personally for anything but target shooting I'd only recommend a bolt action.

They aren't semi auto, they are double action revolver . The magazine is rotated by the first stage of the trigger pull. Also they have to be smooth bore. The only calibre that is legal with a rifled barrel and semi auto action in the uk is .22 rimfire.

sounds like the old brocock they came a banned firearm and the ones that are still about had to be on a section one firearm in Jan 2006 as people converted them to fire real bullets so they are no longer available to the uk market

Hope this Helps

• 5 years later...

I BOUGHT AN EVANIX LAST YEAR. VERY EXCITED AS I USED TO HAVE A 525 RIM FIRE AND NEVER RE-NEWED MY LICENCE AFTER MANY YEARS OF NOT SHOOTING. TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT, THE PELLETS, WHEN I FIRED IT, WERE BOUNCING OVER ONTO NEXT DOORS GARDEN BECAUSE THE POWER HAD BEEN REDUCED SO MUCH . TOOK IT BACK FOR A REFUND. YOU SEE HAVING 4FT 1LBS (because of the Uk's ridiculous laws) IS ACTUALLY MORE DANGEROUS THAN FULL 12ft POWER. THERE IS NOTHING AVAILABLE NOW.

I AGREE YOU DON'T REALLY NEED IT FOR HUNTING. PRETTY POINTLESS. BUT FOR LONG RANGE PLINKING IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A NICE HAVE.

Steyr semi auto 5, perfectly legal. The reason you don't hear  about them is because they blow the competition out the water. For hunting you don't take the crosshairs of the target if you need a quick second shot and as for fun target shooting they are something else. People who knock them generally have never tried one. They are expensive but worth every penny and they are way to expensive for little Johnny to get hold of.

• 2 weeks later...