wireless fish finder

leeds chimp

Just pick up a second hand Garmin grey scale, something like a Garmin 80 ... you mentioned "lakes" ... I've assumed this means "freshwater" as opposed to Sea "Loch" ... if your mainly going to use it in depths around the 100-150 ft or less and its freshwater, just about any fishfinder will handle it with ease ... colour is easier to decipher, but if its just to see the depth and contours a cheapo will suffice.

You need a good one when used at sea and you want detailed info, dual band and muti screen options etc ... when your trying to find boiler rooms and other specific parts of wrecks for instance, the more expensive fishfinder/chartplotter are worth the expense, I've got a couple fitted on the boat ... a Garmin and a Navman

Just pick up a second hand Garmin grey scale, something like a Garmin 80 ... you mentioned "lakes" ... I've assumed this means "freshwater" as opposed to Sea "Loch" ... if your mainly going to use it in depths around the 100-150 ft or less and its freshwater, just about any fishfinder will handle it with ease ... colour is easier to decipher, but if its just to see the depth and contours a cheapo will suffice.

You need a good one when used at sea and you want detailed info, dual band and muti screen options etc ... when your trying to find boiler rooms and other specific parts of wrecks for instance, the more expensive fishfinder/chartplotter are worth the expense, I've got a couple fitted on the boat ... a Garmin and a Navman

Its just freshwater really.... did look round last year but funds took a different turn.... :good:

what you need is a reuben heaton depthometer......they`re about a £10/15 chimp.....just attach it to your main line and cast it out,let it sink then reel in and it`ll tell you the depth to within a few inches....invaluable piece of kit imo and a must have.

• 3 years later...