How many shotguns on a certificate

bigmanuk

I can't understand why some do not have alarms fitted anyway guns or no guns.they don't guarantee not getting broken into but if you have the type that phones you or is monitored then it is a good thing to have and they are cheap nowadays.i have been burgled in the past and it is not a nice experience.

I can't understand why some do not have alarms fitted anyway guns or no guns.they don't guarantee not getting broken into but if you have the type that phones you or is monitored then it is a good thing to have and they are cheap nowadays.i have been burgled in the past and it is not a nice experience.

All the FEOs that have visited over the years have all agreed that given my remote location an alarm would be an utter waste of time.

Having experienced the response times of Lincs police for high priority incidents on three occasions some years ago (55 mins being the shortest time), even a monitored alarm would be of little use.

Even my house insurers agree that an alarm would be a waste of time and don't load my premium as a consequence.

However, I and my nearest three neighbours have a system in place that does prove effective and since its inception 7 years ago our Fen has been crime free and shall hopefully remain so for many years to come.

Even courting couples steer clear of our little patch now for fear of being "disturbed" at any time day or night should they dare park up for longer than five minutes. :blush:

I had a visit .. cabinet down as a four, l have six shotguns .. he was satisfied with my arrangement. Should l want more than the six lve got, l need additional cabinet space, "fair comment l thought" ... they monitor sales of guns .. if sales are a frequent occurrence, why are you not a registered RFD .. its not so much the number you own, as long as they are secured, its the transaction frequency that raises their curiosity also ..

All the FEOs that have visited over the years have all agreed that given my remote location an alarm would be an utter waste of time.

Having experienced the response times of Lincs police for high priority incidents on three occasions some years ago (55 mins being the shortest time), even a monitored alarm would be of little use.

Even my house insurers agree that an alarm would be a waste of time and don't load my premium as a consequence.

However, I and my nearest three neighbours have a system in place that does prove effective and since its inception 7 years ago our Fen has been crime free and shall hopefully remain so for many years to come.

Even courting couples steer clear of our little patch now for fear of being "disturbed" at any time day or night should they dare park up for longer than five minutes. :blush:

Not everyone has the luxury of living in a crime free area my alarms both contact me and two other numbers and although the house has not been targeted my yard and outbuildings have and each time I have caught those involved the police have always arrived very quickly to deal with them.word has now got around and the thieves tend to stay away although there will always be the odd one who fancies his chances.these alarms will phone up to around eight numbers so plenty of people there.my guns are very important to me as is everything else I have worked to get and this is why I choose to protect it as much as possible.but as they say each to his own.atb

I don't see the need to have an alarm if you are not out much and have a double barrel shotgun

This alarm business is a load of baloney. I have in the region of 20 weapons and I do have an alarm which is approved >> BUT in the event of a burglary who is going to attend? As far as I am aware the police cover is so thin on the ground that it might be 5 minutes if they are just up the road but it is more likely to be several days as happened when we had a burglary at work. The officer only attended because a vehicle became available or he would have had to attend on foot! Also if someone gets into your property and threatens your family and beats you as happened to a friend of mine, who would resist and not hand the keys over.

I was initially advised that a small alarm fitted to the door would suffice. Yeah right! How many people have heard shop or car alarms going off and taken any notice at all or contacted the plod about it to be told that “If the alarm continues for a long time to ring again”! Who would respond to some squeak box fitted inside a house?

Another time when an alarm went off at work and a woman keyholder turned out, the waiting police asked her if she would go in and see if there was an intruder on the premises !! Sensibly she told them where to go. Still I suppose that they could have called basc for thats about how effective they are.

This alarm business is a load of baloney. I have in the region of 20 weapons and I do have an alarm which is approved >> BUT in the event of a burglary who is going to attend? As far as I am aware the police cover is so thin on the ground that it might be 5 minutes if they are just up the road but it is more likely to be several days as happened when we had a burglary at work. The officer only attended because a vehicle became available or he would have had to attend on foot! Also if someone gets into your property and threatens your family and beats you as happened to a friend of mine, who would resist and not hand the keys over.

I was initially advised that a small alarm fitted to the door would suffice. Yeah right! How many people have heard shop or car alarms going off and taken any notice at all or contacted the plod about it to be told that If the alarm continues for a long time to ring again! Who would respond to some squeak box fitted inside a house?

Another time when an alarm went off at work and a woman keyholder turned out, the waiting police asked her if she would go in and see if there was an intruder on the premises !! Sensibly she told them where to go. Still I suppose that they could have called basc for thats about how effective they are.

I can only speak from experience and after losing several thousand pounds worth of equipment I had alarms installed and these have resulted in four unsuccessful attempts to steal from me and four successful prosecutions one of which resulted in a nine month prison term. So as you say alarms are no use.cctv is also a good deterrent as not many thieves want their pictures taken.atb

An alarm is only of some use if someone takes some notice of it and responds accordingly. CCTV is another thing that is great >IF the images are clear enough to identify who is in the frame AND that the person can be tracked. When we were burgled at work the CCTV images were downloaded and issued to plod but who they were and where they came from is a mystery. How many times have you seen on crime-watch images of suspects and appeals for anyone who might know off the whereabouts of said persons? If it was so simple to apprehend the alleged guilty parties them surely plod would have collard the persons before having to resort to national TV coverage. I know that some are identified but how many walk free especially the blurred and the unidentified.

An alarm is only of some use if someone takes some notice of it and responds accordingly. CCTV is another thing that is great >IF the images are clear enough to identify who is in the frame AND that the person can be tracked. When we were burgled at work the CCTV images were downloaded and issued to plod but who they were and where they came from is a mystery. How many times have you seen on crime-watch images of suspects and appeals for anyone who might know off the whereabouts of said persons? If it was so simple to apprehend the alleged guilty parties them surely plod would have collard the persons before having to resort to national TV coverage. I know that some are identified but how many walk free especially the blurred and the unidentified.

If you have a gsm dialler installed and choose not to respond to it then you deserve to lose your things.the main benefit of CCTV is as a deterant it will not stop the casual thief but in a lot of cases they move on to easier targets.maybe someone who does not have any protection installed.but it is a free world we live in and you are free to protect your property in any way you choose. Or not.atb

My feo advised an alarm system at application , I asked "what for " to which they replied "to deter burglars " .

I then asked what benefit that would have over four guard dogs ?

Mmmmm none really dogs are a far more effective means of discouraging burglars than an alarm .

If you have a gsm dialler installed and choose not to respond to it then you deserve to lose your things.the main benefit of CCTV is as a deterant it will not stop the casual thief but in a lot of cases they move on to easier targets.maybe someone who does not have any protection installed.but it is a free world we live in and you are free to protect your property in any way you choose. Or not.atb

You appear to have a random take on the text. The place that I work has a very loud alert siren and a live landline to a security company who contact both the police and a key holder. In the instance stated the key holder turned up > by which time the burglars had been and gone but the police never did turn up until a couple of days later because there were no vehicles available and the local plod said that the only way he could have attended was to come on foot.

The key holder of the company did not ignore the warning call. All of this has gone completely off track in regard to the origin of weapon security in the home.

You appear to have a random take on the text. The place that I work has a very loud alert siren and a live landline to a security company who contact both the police and a key holder. In the instance stated the key holder turned up > by which time the burglars had been and gone but the police never did turn up until a couple of days later because there were no vehicles available and the local plod said that the only way he could have attended was to come on foot.

The key holder of the company did not ignore the warning call. All of this has gone completely off track in regard to the origin of weapon security in the home.

I am talking about having security systems at your home as a extra to try and protect not only any guns you own but other belongings as well. You are the one taking it off track by keep going back to where you work and when they were robbed.at the end of the day you do whatever you feel is best.my systems have worked for me and there are court records to show how.atb