Clay shoots in Norfolk.

M.K.B.

Definate seconds for both Alan's set-up over at Beeston and Aylsham. Both are good value and a good laugh. The flushes Alan organises at Beeston are unmissable, the regular shoot at Aylsham is my regular favourite place to miss clays.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone a member of Mid Norfolk? I understand members can shoot Thursday and Friday evenings?

I was a member but I've just let it lapse. Members get first dibs on evening shoots but before I joined I was never turned away and, at £35, I didn't see the sense in renewing. Members only get a discount on clays and if you aren't going to go regularly I doubt it'll represent a saving.

It's a decent enough ground but the targets don't change very often and normally you have to stand your corner re 'no birds' as they'll charge you for whatever the little orange box says even if you've had a load of broken clays or empty traps. :oops:

Taxi duty didnt help you though chimp!You got beaten by our novice! Great day out today, well worth the 3 1/2 hour round trip - only got beaten by Bakerboy on our squad (but he cheated - stand 8 Terry!)

Will be back again! Cheers Alan!

AB

apologies for my absence , the good thing about her working is i go shooting more , the bad thing is on a sunday morning i dont have a chauferr . cant risk the 30 mile trip after a session the night before :no: . sorry . glad you all had a good day and see you soon . and no real surprise on the result eh chimp ? :lol:

Nah just had a very off day with the new gun. Quite a few targets that just could not work out but at least i did not blank at one stand unlike some that is meant to be a BASC shooting coach :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What was his comment in response? Linford Christie's coach couldnt run faster than Linford Christie!

Hi

Having recently returned to clay shooting after a long lay off I am looking to find any clubs/shoots in the Norwich/Norfolk area. I live near Acle and willing to travel. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

Smallburgh Rifle & Pistol club just outside Horsford do clay shooting on the 1st & 3rd Sundays and full bore 100yds on the forth Sunday. Guest days are the 3rd Sunday (this Sunday coming) where they do clays from 10:00 to 11:30, then full bore 12:00 to 13:30. Cost for a guest is £10.00 for 50 clays.

I'f you fancy a bash at that I'll happliy take you as a guest, just let me know....

Cheers

Are you connected to/with Churchills ? ???

I only ask seeing as you felt the need to describe some of Fairclays targets as "nasty"

I'm not greatly experienced, having only been scaring clays once or twice a month since last May, but you can go anywhere and find targets with varying degrees of difficulty or challenge, Surely it's that same challenge that helps you learn & improve ?

To the Original Poster,

As you can see there's a fair consensus of opinion as to the value for money of the shoots laid on by Fairclay Targets, Always a great selection, a good crowd of folks especially on the PW days, many of whom attend from as far afield as Hertfordshire, Essex, even Kent.

Churchill shoot is ok and the clays can be a bit tricky, but there's usually too many shooters and the average wait to get on to a stand can be 30-40 minutes

• 2 years later...