• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7395 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03
  • From:hartlepool the jewel in the crown English by birth poolie by the grace of God

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

i got both, aa decoys, and a1 decoys flappers and a1 s is faster flapping and bit better made, as wing arms are stronger as so is the ground spike :good: both work but thing a1 s will last longest ;)

so you are telling me rotorcoy make two turbo flappers then? :no:

KW

#22 browning n spaniel

browning n spaniel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

so you are telling me rotorcoy make two turbo flappers then? :no:

KW

so which is the copy then???

#23 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7395 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03
  • From:hartlepool the jewel in the crown English by birth poolie by the grace of God

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

so which is the copy then???

neither rotorcoy make the turbo flapper and distribute it, the only difference is the mark up

KW

#24 browning n spaniel

browning n spaniel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

its the same item made by rotorcoy, they only make one turbo flapper, A1 are simply distributors just like AA just the price is different

KW

so your saying rotorcoy make 2 flappers??? 1 at 80 pound n 1 at 50 pound ??? no??

neither rotorcoy make the turbo flapper and distribute it, the only difference is the mark up

KW

Edited by browning n spaniel, 10 July 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#25 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

like i said me dad bought one of the aa decoy flappers, and i have the turbo flapper, i looked at them both side by side in my hands and they are not built and just look different and the same as browning said the ground spike, and arms are thinner metal,and they bend out of shape easily.
do me a favour kdubya and put a pic up if you would just to have a look

Edited by yickdaz, 10 July 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#26 southeastpete

southeastpete
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts
  • Joined 14-December 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

wow really started something here...

#27 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7395 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

like i said me dad bought one of the aa decoy flappers, and i have the turbo flapper, i looked at them both side by side in my hands and they are not built and just look different and the same as browning said the ground spike, and arms are thinner metal,and they bend out of shape easily.

will do would be interesting to see one "side by side" mine looks no different from the rotorcoy sites pic, have used mine a fair bit and it works very well, I also have three "conventional" flappers so do know the difference in speed, and believe me if your turbo does go faster than mine its just about taking off :lol:

KW

#28 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7395 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

will do would be interesting to see one "side by side" mine looks no different from the rotorcoy sites pic, have used mine a fair bit and it works very well, I also have three "conventional" flappers so do know the difference in speed, and believe me if your turbo does go faster than mine its just about taking off :lol:

pic now added the "raggy bits" on the top are feathers from use oh and the red tape is mine I added that as others said the terminal connections can break if not taped to prevent movement ( do a search) Posted Image

KW

Edited by kdubya, 10 July 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#29 sitsinhedges

sitsinhedges
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4938 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

I've got the AA Turbo, at 50 with the timer it's a steal :good:

#30 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

pic now added the "raggy bits" on the top are feathers from use oh and the red tape is mine I added that as others said the terminal connections can break if not taped to prevent movement ( do a search) Posted Image

KW

they are very similar, but mine didn,t come with red tape on it :lol:
it is sligthly different looks just like me old fellas, his is coated with black paint same as yours rather the green powder coat on the turbo flapper, but they both work and thats all that matters :good:

#31 harpoonlouis

harpoonlouis
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined 28-May 07

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Don't AA Decoy flappers have this branding on?
Posted Image

Whole thing looks like this

Posted Image

#32 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7395 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Don't AA Decoy flappers have this branding on?

yes mine has that on as well, maybe they are a Chinese copy of the rotorcoy job still @ 30quid cheaper its worth a shout and so far its not let me down, mind you this sodding weather is keeping its use to a minimum, as its only been used on the crows recently

KW

#33 harpoonlouis

harpoonlouis
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined 28-May 07

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Bought mine off the AA stand at the CLA, guy told me they are all from China anyway!

#34 browning n spaniel

browning n spaniel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

yes mine has that on as well, maybe they are a Chinese copy of the rotorcoy job still @ 30quid cheaper its worth a shout and so far its not let me down, mind you this sodding weather is keeping its use to a minimum, as its only been used on the crows recently

KW

so they ent all made by rotorcoy then?? as you stated earier in this thread?? :D my a1 turbo [that flapps faster, n beta made] had a made in england sticker on it :lol:

#35 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

so they ent all made by rotorcoy then?? as you stated earier in this thread?? :D my a1 turbo [that flapps faster, n beta made] had a made in england sticker on it :lol:

that was my point they are made by different companys, look similar work similar, but the turbo is better made,ground spike is stronger, locking nuts are different and an original not a copy, but as i said they both work but one will last longer than the other

Attached File  SDC10572 (600x800).jpg   207.7KB   9 downloads

Edited by yickdaz, 10 July 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#36 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7395 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

that was my point they are made by different companys, look similar work similar, but the turbo is better made, and an original not a copy, but as i said they both work but one will last longer than the other

looking at that pic it looks the exact same unit even the studs on the bottom are the same addmitedly the ground spike has the aa logo on but that could have been requested, still I suppose the only way truly to find out is if rotacoy say they supply both units, and to me it certainly looks like they do.

KW

Edited by kdubya, 10 July 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#37 browning n spaniel

browning n spaniel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

that was my point they are made by different companys, look similar work similar, but the turbo is better made,ground spike is stronger, locking nuts are different and an original not a copy, but as i said they both work but one will last longer than the other

youve only gota look at the photos to see which is the beeter quailty , end of the day cheap tak is cheap for a reason, :good:

looking at that pic it looks the exact same unit even the studs on the bottom are the same addmitedly the ground spike has the aa logo on but that could have been requested, still I suppose the only way truly to find out is if rotacoy say they supply both units, and to me it certainly looks like they do.

KW

you need to make your mind up, you just said yours is made in china?? i got both and a1 has made in england on it??

#38 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

KW

you only have to compare pics to see which one looks more sturdy than the other, the arms on me dads are bent the ground spike is bent i couldn,t get it into partially frozen ground last winter on the rape so used mine instead that went in :yes:

#39 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7395 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

youve only gota look at the photos to see which is the beeter quailty , end of the day cheap tak is cheap for a reason, :good:

you need to make your mind up, you just said yours is made in china?? i got both and a1 has made in england on it??

problem is I cant make my mind up there is no difference apart from the ground spike unless you want a metallurgy test on the arms, oh and as for the speed a1 state it does 300 beats per min, if you go on aa site you can time the vid there it does as best as I could get with a stop watch 300 a min? so dont think its slower :no:

KW

Edited by kdubya, 10 July 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#40 browning n spaniel

browning n spaniel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

you only have to compare pics to see which one looks more sturdy than the other, the arms on me dads are bent the ground spike is bent i couldn,t get it into partially frozen ground last winter on the rape so used mine instead that went in :yes:

my ground spike n rod bend on 1st outing trying to get it into tram line, i tossed it over the hedge :lol: and made a sturdier 1 out of 'propper' steel :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users