69 replies to this topic

#41 browning n spaniel

browning n spaniel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

problem is I cant make my mind up there is no difference apart from the ground spike unless you want a metallurgy test on the arms, oh and as for the speed a1 state it does 300 beats per min, if you go on aa site you can time the vid there it does as best as I could get with a stop watch 300 a min? so dont think its slower :no:

KW

well mate all i can surrgest is that you buy an a1 flapper and set thenm both up side, by side, then you will see the difference :good: if you got tin 5p beans , and tin of 90p tin beans in identical tins which would taste better??

#42 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

the A1 is faster trust me had both out at same time took the timers off and compared them, and it was obvious which one was faster

#43 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7060 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03
  • From:hartlepool the jewel in the crown English by birth poolie by the grace of God

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

the A1 is faster trust me had both out at same time took the timers off and compared them, and it was obvious which one was faster

arrgh you might be convincing me to get one!!!

KW

#44 sitsinhedges

sitsinhedges
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4812 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

What difference does that make :hmm:

The AA is fast enough, easily, and I can have two for the price of the other rip off one :P

#45 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

arrgh you might be convincing me to get one!!!

KW

i would and have a look at the 2 together and you will know what i mean :good:

#46 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

What difference does that make :hmm:

The AA is fast enough, easily, and I can have two for the price of the other rip off one :P

hows that when the turbo from A1 is the orginal ???

#47 sitsinhedges

sitsinhedges
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4812 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

hows that when the turbo from A1 is the orginal ???

How's what :hmm:

#48 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

How's what :hmm:

you said you could get 2 for the price of the other rip off one, the AA one is a copy of the turbo flapper

#49 sitsinhedges

sitsinhedges
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4812 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

you said you could get 2 for the price of the other rip off one, the AA one is a copy of the turbo flapper

Yes and the AA is half the price hence the other is clearly a rip off.

80 :blink: Daylight Robbery.

#50 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Yes and the AA is half the price hence the other is clearly a rip off.

80 :blink: Daylight Robbery.

daylight quality :lol:

#51 davecooper1

davecooper1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1917 posts
  • Joined 16-December 08

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Seen them all :yes: but A1 gets my vote :good: :good:

#52 molly1

molly1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 22-March 09

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hi guys.
Firstly I know the man behind Rotorcoy. He only makes one flapper.The Turbo. A1 are the only distributors for Rotorcoy. AAdecoys have copied the turbo flapper and callers it the turbo charged flapper. The main difference apart from the speed is the build quality. Pay peanuts and get monkeys, also check out the warranty or lack of!.

#53 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hi guys.
Firstly I know the man behind Rotorcoy. He only makes one flapper.The Turbo. A1 are the only distributors for Rotorcoy. AAdecoys have copied the turbo flapper and callers it the turbo charged flapper. The main difference apart from the speed is the build quality. Pay peanuts and get monkeys, also check out the warranty or lack of!.

thank you :good:

#54 davecooper1

davecooper1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1917 posts
  • Joined 16-December 08

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi guys.

Reccon that just about settles it :good: :good:

#55 harpoonlouis

harpoonlouis
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 28-May 07

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi guys.

At last, a nice and concise reply. Have to say my AA "copy" hasn't let me down and works well, makes me wonder how much better an original might have done.

When I bought mine I didn't realise there was a difference or even that there was more than one model doing the rounds.

#56 sitsinhedges

sitsinhedges
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4812 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

At last, a nice and concise reply. Have to say my AA "copy" hasn't let me down and works well, makes me wonder how much better an original might have done.

When I bought mine I didn't realise there was a difference or even that there was more than one model doing the rounds.

What's concise about forum member Molly who only ever posts to defend A1 turboflappers.

Virtually all their tiny number of forum posts are about this if you look at their content.

Hardly an unbiased opinion is it :hmm:

#57 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7060 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03
  • From:hartlepool the jewel in the crown English by birth poolie by the grace of God

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

What's concise about forum member Molly who only ever posts to defend A1 turboflappers.

Virtually all their tiny number of forum posts are about this if you look at their content.

Hardly an unbiased opinion is it :hmm:

you noticed as well

KW

#58 Cosd

Cosd
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5547 posts
  • Joined 16-January 08

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

aint it? tell you what you put yours up against mine and see if you can spot the difference? you cant, not surprising as they are the same item from the same manufacturer rotorcoy I believe

AA standard flapper is 26 are you thinking its that?
KW

If what you're saying is true then I stand corrected, I was going on price knowing that I have never seen the Turbo Flapper anywhere near the 50 mark. Have seen variations of the Turbo Flapper being sold cheaper, but every review or report I've read about has never stated them being as good as the genuine one.

I've just looked at the one you are talking about which they call Turbocharged Flapper instead of the Turbo Flapper; The motor looks similar but I can't see it properly.

Turbocharged Flapper
http://aadecoys.com/...1&product_id=89

Turbo Flapper
http://www.a1decoy.c...antee-495-p.asp

#59 stu nesling

stu nesling
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Joined 12-September 08

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

wheres me popcorn :lol:

#60 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7060 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

If what you're saying is true then I stand corrected, I was going on price knowing that I have never seen the Turbo Flapper anywhere near the 50 mark. Have seen variations of the Turbo Flapper being sold cheaper, but every review or report I've read about has never stated them being as good as the genuine one.

I've just looked at the one you are talking about which they call Turbocharged Flapper instead of the Turbo Flapper; The motor looks similar but I can't see it properly.

Turbocharged Flapper
http://aadecoys.com/...1&product_id=89

Turbo Flapper
http://www.a1decoy.c...antee-495-p.asp

I must admit I thought that it was the same item , perhaps this is not totally the case going by the reports of those who have seen both? but I would put money on the main component parts (motor etc) being from the same supplier in china :yes: question is is a bit more quality on the arms and ground spike as opposed to functionality worth the extra 30? mine (the cheaper version) certainly seems to do its bit and so far has been reliable, time will tell.

KW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users