turbo flapper yes or no

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys.

Firstly I know the man behind Rotorcoy. He only makes one flapper.The Turbo. A1 are the only distributors for Rotorcoy. AAdecoys have copied the turbo flapper and callers it the turbo charged flapper. The main difference apart from the speed is the build quality. Pay peanuts and get monkeys, also check out the warranty or lack of!.

Hi guys.

Firstly I know the man behind Rotorcoy. He only makes one flapper.The Turbo. A1 are the only distributors for Rotorcoy. AAdecoys have copied the turbo flapper and callers it the turbo charged flapper. The main difference apart from the speed is the build quality. Pay peanuts and get monkeys, also check out the warranty or lack of!.

thank you :good:

Hi guys.

Reccon that just about settles it :good::good:

Hi guys.

At last, a nice and concise reply. Have to say my AA "copy" hasn't let me down and works well, makes me wonder how much better an original might have done.

When I bought mine I didn't realise there was a difference or even that there was more than one model doing the rounds.

At last, a nice and concise reply. Have to say my AA "copy" hasn't let me down and works well, makes me wonder how much better an original might have done.

When I bought mine I didn't realise there was a difference or even that there was more than one model doing the rounds.

What's concise about forum member Molly who only ever posts to defend A1 turboflappers.

Virtually all their tiny number of forum posts are about this if you look at their content.

Hardly an unbiased opinion is it :hmm:

What's concise about forum member Molly who only ever posts to defend A1 turboflappers.

Virtually all their tiny number of forum posts are about this if you look at their content.

Hardly an unbiased opinion is it :hmm:

you noticed as well

KW

aint it? tell you what you put yours up against mine and see if you can spot the difference? you cant, not surprising as they are the same item from the same manufacturer rotorcoy I believe

AA standard flapper is £26 are you thinking its that?

KW

If what you're saying is true then I stand corrected, I was going on price knowing that I have never seen the Turbo Flapper anywhere near the £50 mark. Have seen variations of the Turbo Flapper being sold cheaper, but every review or report I've read about has never stated them being as good as the genuine one.

I've just looked at the one you are talking about which they call Turbocharged Flapper instead of the Turbo Flapper; The motor looks similar but I can't see it properly.

Turbocharged Flapper

http://aadecoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=11&product_id=89

Turbo Flapper

http://www.a1decoy.co.uk/turbo-flapper-including-timer--2-year-guarantee-495-p.asp

If what you're saying is true then I stand corrected, I was going on price knowing that I have never seen the Turbo Flapper anywhere near the £50 mark. Have seen variations of the Turbo Flapper being sold cheaper, but every review or report I've read about has never stated them being as good as the genuine one.

I've just looked at the one you are talking about which they call Turbocharged Flapper instead of the Turbo Flapper; The motor looks similar but I can't see it properly.

Turbocharged Flapper

http://aadecoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=11&product_id=89

Turbo Flapper

http://www.a1decoy.co.uk/turbo-flapper-including-timer--2-year-guarantee-495-p.asp

I must admit I thought that it was the same item , perhaps this is not totally the case going by the reports of those who have seen both? but I would put money on the main component parts (motor etc) being from the same supplier in china :yes: question is is a bit more quality on the arms and ground spike as opposed to functionality worth the extra £30? mine (the cheaper version) certainly seems to do its bit and so far has been reliable, time will tell.

KW

wheres me popcorn :lol:

No Popcorn needed, I made a statement, I was corrected and put my hands up. I didn't have a choice of the two when I bought my Turbo Flapper, If I did then I too would look at both options and take my pick.

Incredible how we can have a "discussion" without fisty cuffs. Sorry to dissapoint.

Edited by Cosd

I must admit I thought that it was the same item , perhaps this is not totally the case going by the reports of those who have seen both? but I would put money on the main component parts (motor etc) being from the same supplier in china :yes: question is is a bit more quality on the arms and ground spike as opposed to functionality worth the extra £30? mine (the cheaper version) certainly seems to do its bit and so far has been reliable, time will tell.

KW

I thought the A1 versions' motor was direct from General Electrics special projects division, built when they're not doing black operations work for the US military :P

FWIW, AA decoys have a stand at Melton Mowbray cattle market every Tuesday and he did say their flappers were made in England too, most likely with China sourced parts as everything else is.

Well now they're putting satellites into orbit I doubt a flapper motor would phase them :lol:

in my other hobby RC flying china has just about captured the market from the USA and all the British manufacturers have their products made in china, the days of monkey metal and substandard electronics are long gone, I would as said bet good money that the superior flapper uses the exact same Chinese motor.

KW

hi guys.

yes i do defend Rotorcoy and the turbo flapper.How would you like it if you worked and tested an item and someone copied it and also called it with a simular name.

I am very good frends with Rotorcoy and understand how he feels. Still life must go on with a little dig hear and there rightly so!

On the point of the turbo being made in China, it is not. All parts are sorced in the UK. I do know that on flee bay aa decoys do not offer a return or warranty.

A1 decoys do offer a full warranty and return service.Thats a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...