#61 Cosd

Cosd
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5567 posts
  • Joined 16-January 08

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

wheres me popcorn :lol:

No Popcorn needed, I made a statement, I was corrected and put my hands up. I didn't have a choice of the two when I bought my Turbo Flapper, If I did then I too would look at both options and take my pick.

Incredible how we can have a "discussion" without fisty cuffs. Sorry to dissapoint.

Edited by Cosd, 11 July 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#62 harpoonlouis

harpoonlouis
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 28-May 07

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

without fisty cuffs

I thought they were heading for handbags...

#63 sitsinhedges

sitsinhedges
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4900 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

I must admit I thought that it was the same item , perhaps this is not totally the case going by the reports of those who have seen both? but I would put money on the main component parts (motor etc) being from the same supplier in china :yes: question is is a bit more quality on the arms and ground spike as opposed to functionality worth the extra 30? mine (the cheaper version) certainly seems to do its bit and so far has been reliable, time will tell.

KW

I thought the A1 versions' motor was direct from General Electrics special projects division, built when they're not doing black operations work for the US military :P

FWIW, AA decoys have a stand at Melton Mowbray cattle market every Tuesday and he did say their flappers were made in England too, most likely with China sourced parts as everything else is.

#64 harpoonlouis

harpoonlouis
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 28-May 07

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Funny that, one of the guys on his stand at the game fair said they were low on stock because the container from China hadn't arrived, that would be China in England no?

#65 sitsinhedges

sitsinhedges
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4900 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Well now they're putting satellites into orbit I doubt a flapper motor would phase them :lol:

#66 kdubya

kdubya
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7241 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03
  • From:hartlepool the jewel in the crown English by birth poolie by the grace of God

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Well now they're putting satellites into orbit I doubt a flapper motor would phase them :lol:

in my other hobby RC flying china has just about captured the market from the USA and all the British manufacturers have their products made in china, the days of monkey metal and substandard electronics are long gone, I would as said bet good money that the superior flapper uses the exact same Chinese motor.

KW

#67 molly1

molly1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 22-March 09

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

hi guys.
yes i do defend Rotorcoy and the turbo flapper.How would you like it if you worked and tested an item and someone copied it and also called it with a simular name.
I am very good frends with Rotorcoy and understand how he feels. Still life must go on with a little dig hear and there rightly so!
On the point of the turbo being made in China, it is not. All parts are sorced in the UK. I do know that on flee bay aa decoys do not offer a return or warranty.
A1 decoys do offer a full warranty and return service.Thats a big difference.

#68 yickdaz

yickdaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3544 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

funny how the doubters are the ones who don,t own a turbo flapper and didn,t realise there was 2 versions one a copy and 1 an original could be a coincidence

#69 Ruger_shooter

Ruger_shooter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 24-July 06

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

The important point - will the pigeons and crows notice a difference?

#70 sl1959

sl1959
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 19-February 12

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

The important point - will the pigeons and crows notice a difference?

:good: :good: :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users