Foamies

markyboy

I was chatting to a guy on the USA duck forum yesterday and his experience with foam decoys are that they can lose their shape in the wind.....not saying that these will.

My initial thoughts were that they would be lighter to carry etc but i guess in strong wind conditions they could lose their shape,....unfortunately i dont have any info on the ones for sale, i think i need a set of freebies to test on the sellers behalf :lol:

i have full bodied greylags which are good quality

i purchased some half shells but not impressed with the connection between head and body

fuds do look good and they do produce but im not a lover of them, hence why i was also looking at the foamies

but i do have a couple og flying geese and mallard decoys coming via the post shortly to add to the spread

I've got some of these http://txfowlers.com/5845FFU_FLAMBEAU_FOAM_CANADA_GOOSE_DECOY.asp had them for 10 or 12 years, think they're very good, especially if you have a long walk to your hunting spot. Normally take a dozen with me. very light around 2lbs, but bulky

Or a dozen Last Look decoys (no longer available) which stack into each other and weigh about 2lbs and go in the top of the decoy bag on top of the duck decoys

Brian

no the ones advertised are full bodies which just compress flat, but those you have look the part how did you make them and paint them etc

Sorry for delay been busy putting poults out. I made a template out of cardboard 50cm x 80cm folded in half. Draw a silhouette on it using the fold as the back then cut round the shape. You then finish up with a template the shape of the photo. I then bought the foam from RH Nuttall.co.uk I think it was polyethelyne,maybe polyurathyne.[ring them to find out or PM me] 10mm x 1meter x as many decoys as you want. I got the carpet & fabric adhesive from RH Nuttall.[aerosol] to stick the velcro on the head and start of the neck. 2in x 1.5in for neck. 2in x 1in for head.Stick a small piece of velcro where the legs should be and put an eyelet in it to peg it down. The foam comes in grey. paint the white with satin paint and spray the neck with plastic-kote satin super from B&Q. Cost about £3. Any ? PM me.

[