Photo

Olympic Legacy Shooting already missing out....

Olympics Shooting

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 poontang

poontang
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4820 posts
  • Joined 05-November 07

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

The companies and bodies need to think in advertising and promotion terms outside of the shooting fraternity.

Exactly, and I would add the shooting grounds too.

Kids can't afford the £40 - £50 lessons, but if grounds were to do it at cost (how much would 25 clays and 25 cheap carts be?) and throw in free instruction say once a month it would be a simple, cheap way of introducing youngsters to the sport (and hopefully some parents too).

Think of it as a 'loss leader' or better still an investment for the future of shooting.

Sure, not everyone would take it up as a sport, but those that don't will see shooting in a positive light and won't be susceptible to the ill informed views of others.

#22 HDAV

HDAV
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13727 posts
  • Joined 27-January 10

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Poon it's not even that charge 5 for a box of carts 5 for 25 clays it's the man hours they are giving, and as most ground owners/managers are instructors it just means some time perhaps a day that's normally quiet midweek in the holidays, the other thing is target clubs 1 guest day a year rubbish and the fact it doesn't stop them using the range with 12ft/lb air 365 days a year!

#23 NickS

NickS
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Joined 09-May 12

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

If any scout or other groups in the Surrey/Hants area need a hand, count me in. I have a a short stock 20g I can bring along too. As a teacher I am CRB checked too.

For anyone encouraging youngsters, look at my post in the "Other items for sale" section re 20g cartridges.

Nick

Edited by NickS, 11 August 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#24 onefulham

onefulham
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Joined 14-February 11

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

To be fair I tried shooting, nothing, but just out of interest tried canoeing, nothing, weight lifting, again nothing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Olympics, Shooting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users