Rawtenstall rifle club/ Rossendale fusiliers

thomps111

Hi there all,

I'm Steve, im relatively new to the forum but was hoping that you guys could help me out with some advice.

Im moving upto the manchester area in a few weeks and im looking for a decent range with a relaxed atmosphere so that I can practice my shooting during the week and stalk on the weekends.

Ideally looking for somewhere I can practices shots kneeling, sitting and shooting from sticks. I'll be looking to use .22 and perhaps my .243

I've seen a few people recommend Rossendale fussiliers rifle club, looks promising but im struggling to find any contact details..

If you guys have any opinions on this range and any contact details I'd really appreciate it, hopefully I can help you out in return in the future.

Thanks alot

Steve

Hi there all,

I'm Steve, im relatively new to the forum but was hoping that you guys could help me out with some advice.

Im moving upto the manchester area in a few weeks and im looking for a decent range with a relaxed atmosphere so that I can practice my shooting during the week and stalk on the weekends.

Ideally looking for somewhere I can practices shots kneeling, sitting and shooting from sticks. I'll be looking to use .22 and perhaps my .243

I've seen a few people recommend Rossendale fussiliers rifle club, looks promising but im struggling to find any contact details..

If you guys have any opinions on this range and any contact details I'd really appreciate it, hopefully I can help you out in return in the future.

Thanks alot

Steve

Great club I'm a member mate most of the lads I have spoken to are sound, but the road up to the quarry is a nightmare a is 4x4 required,

ATB Flynny

Hi all,

New member on these forums but I'm also trying to find some details on Rawtenstall Rifle Club/Rossendale fusilier.

Im completely new to this and have just bought the Daystate huntsman air rifle. Are the facilities here suitable or should I be looking elsewhere?

Would my son be able to come along with me he's 12?

Hi all,

New member on these forums but I'm also trying to find some details on Rawtenstall Rifle Club/Rossendale fusilier.

Im completely new to this and have just bought the Daystate huntsman air rifle. Are the facilities here suitable or should I be looking elsewhere?

Would my son be able to come along with me he's 12?

My nephew has been with us a couple of times no problem, he's 13 have a word with Phil on a sunday morning I think they do a junior membership for bout 50 Quid, but speak to Phil mate he'll tell you the score.

ATB Flynny

Lads,

Thanks for all the responses, appreciate it, sorry for the delay in response! Sounds all positive which is great,
Will be moving up to Manc late sept/early oct so if I can give you guys a call when i get my **** together and come up for a crack and a look around that would be ace

Thanks

steve

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Really interested in joining the club, could you possibly send me some information.

Thanks

Geoff

geoff i sent you a pm...we are going up this sunday and you are more than welcome to join us....pm me if you need any directions etc

mikky

• 5 months later...

Any luck with this info,pls?

roy who i work with shoots with mike,he is at an exhibition for a couple of days but he says he will get his email address for me,where are you based,i will be going up to the club this sunday if you want to come up with me and have a look mike might be up there

roy who i work with shoots with mike,he is at an exhibition for a couple of days but he says he will get his email address for me,where are you based,i will be going up to the club this sunday if you want to come up with me and have a look mike might be up there

hi! Very kind offer, thank you! I'll usually work sundays, so can't come this time. Sometimes i'm off. Rare. Do they shoot only Sundays? Or any other day? I'm based in Sheffield. Thx again for getting contact details!

hi! Very kind offer, thank you! I'll usually work sundays, so can't come this time. Sometimes i'm off. Rare. Do they shoot only Sundays? Or any other day? I'm based in Sheffield. Thx again for getting contact details!

just spoke to mike who runs the psg up there and he is happy for me to pass on his phone no.......i will pm you the number rather than put it up on the forum...pm inbound

mikky could you please pm me the contact details for rawtenstall rc / rossendale fusiliers looking to go up and take a look, I hear the road needs a 4x4 to get up it

i am going up on sunday,cant get you phils details till then,the club has a 4x4 and it ferries people up from the bottom of the hill at 1030 ish on a sunday,we chuck a quid in the pot,better than knackering your vehicle up,or if you are lucky someone will stop and give you a lift for free you do need a 4x4 will pm you my number if you need any info give me a bell...

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ay Up Chaps

Awaiting delivery of my new stoeger Sec 1 and looking to get into PSG. I've read some great reports about this club ( except for the road in lol )

Any chance of getting some contact details off someone who is a member there?

Thanks in anticipation

Banco