lindisfarne..ducks?

dawntredder

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh av been up each wkend 10,000 plus wigeon and 1,000's of geese (pinks) had good results over deeks not been out yet for morning flight but now its getting colder al be out on mud..was up there sunday but birds stayed south&there was no flight..drew blank 1st time this season..cheers robbie :good:

Edited by Robbie Forster

• 1 month later...

What happened to the Lindisfarne Wildfowling forum? I used to enjoy reading the exploits but it does not seem to be used nowadays. :no:

http://lindisfarnewi...u.com/directory

i could never get on that forum,should try get it going again tho would help alot as i live over hours drive so recon is only wen am up that way with me work :hmm:

I'm up during night like bit of moon flighting then a morning flight any one else up?

a was hoping to go up tonight but had to cancel it..going up new years eve morn flight....a wasnt at pigsty point what you say in thread 15 james i was on way to the log that day when i seen u but u cut thru the pigsty so i my only option was on the point but there was a fella there already..so i had to go right to south boundry so it wasnt me shooting at ducks that landed in deeks..and shooting at ducks that ya mate had hit already is all am saying....watch ye dont get spotted by farmer gan thru pigsty he dont like it or colin teago for that matter..jst givn you the heads up..you probs didnt know you couldnt tho....good luck under the moon let me na how ye get on & if many geese have returned as alot left on the november moon...cheers robbie :good: :good:

Ahh I see no it wasn't you on pigsty I apologise I thought it was cos you headed there, was shocking like he let a wigeon land around 10 yards out n murdered it with what ever cart he was using , I I never knew you couldn't cut threw pigsty I've been shooting there 11 year and never knew or nobody has ever mentioned it cheers though, there's a few greylag in around 40-50 at north end which came in on moon but the duck numbers are back on up with this moon

How many geese. We're in then and were they them greylag? Or pinks? I'm up either Thursday Friday this week like

they were pinks about 100 just south ov harveys james going in fields back ov big hide on boundry..they been doing it for last 5 seasons and was a lot of pinks head inland at first light from budle bay area probs 200 t 300 fella...good luck!!!!!!!!!

canny , how many pinks are in now just the 100 still? im up on sat morning showing a newbie around the place thats getting a permit for next season

shot one out ov bunch ov 7,but there was geese allday long flying around some good skeins....wen i got there they were roosting just off pigsty point fair few like,headed to the fields behind big hide in the south bay (reily law) am up at wkend as far as i knw might see ye about james :good: :good:

canny , im up on saturfday with a newbie showing him round the dolphin stones are hoping to bag a teal n aybe a pintail like good for duck all season down there like, gd tides at weekend 5.2 sat n sunday afternoon, you decoying these or just gna flight em at dusk? where you planning on going when your up? pigsty point ok for a night flight on high tide like isnt?

Yeah good thanks bud yourself , we'll its really good oct nov dec with a lot of wigeon ad pinks in but , but you got to be in it to win it , there's only a few hundred ducks n geese in ATM but still if your not on mud your not gonna do any good! It's a beautiful place even if you don't get a shot plenty to watch

canny , im up on saturfday with a newbie showing him round the dolphin stones are hoping to bag a teal n aybe a pintail like good for duck all season down there like, gd tides at weekend 5.2 sat n sunday afternoon, you decoying these or just gna flight em at dusk? where you planning on going when your up? pigsty point ok for a night flight on high tide like isnt?

am hoping to get up morn flight out on the channel near dolphin stones or mussel beds...and gan maybe try do bit decoyn afternoon tide along the cages..hard work tho the wigeon at the mow...either there or tealhole point ;-/////////

ill be at dolphin stones on saturday morning with a newbie like showing him round that area, but we will be sat on stones few deeks out to the right see what happens , were do you walk out form coursway or fenham to dolphin ive walked from both but from the main gutter is hard work in that mud!