n ireland gunshops

tweedledee

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was chattin to the guy who owns Country Sports just outside Irvinestown in Fermanagh, he was saying last year he could have phoned places in England and got good quality second hand stuff sent over...............not any more..........seems most people are hanging onto what they have..

I picked up a lovely Winchester from Tommy Beattie (2 Grove Place, Moygashel, BT71 7RU - 02887725631) for a really good price and it was in cracking nick!! He had a few other nice looking shotguns he would be worth a look!! Or... JA Larmour is a smaller dealer in Gilford direction he also had a few nice shotguns about 5months back all at a fairly reasonable price. McKerrs in Lurgan had a Browning Medallist almost new (so much so I asked if it was) doubt it would have hung around long though.

Good luck!!

Maybe go for a look some day next week.other possibility is gun trader . Hate paying over inflated dealer prices. Some bargains out there if you look.have stopped trading in as my guns are better than anything on the dealers shelves but apparently nobody would want them, then they offer me buttons for them .think i ll hold on to what i have and look for mint second hand, even private sales.better value

What way do private sales work in NI? I have wondered this for a while cause I am after a very cheap shotgun of any type that's in decent condition and proofed for Steel (I know thats's the end of the cheap hope!!). Really just one for doing a bit of wild fowling without worrying about rusting up my main gun.

I picked up a lovely Winchester from Tommy Beattie (2 Grove Place, Moygashel, BT71 7RU - 02887725631) for a really good price and it was in cracking nick!! He had a few other nice looking shotguns he would be worth a look!! Or... JA Larmour is a smaller dealer in Gilford direction he also had a few nice shotguns about 5months back all at a fairly reasonable price. McKerrs in Lurgan had a Browning Medallist almost new (so much so I asked if it was) doubt it would have hung around long though.

Good luck!!

Jim (JA Larmours) is a top bloke and is easy to deal with. I've bought nearly all my guns from him.

take it to a dealer, the dealer will take it off one cert and put it in his book and then move it to the other cert all for a minimal fee of around £20 and 15 mins paper work

Yip. Ive done this too. But the dealer I used said it had to be on his books 2or 3 days before he could issue it to someone else.