n ireland gunshops

tweedledee

My favourite was when I went to McCloys to buy a semi auto and had a budget of £400 and was told that they wouldn't sell me one of the cheaper ones because they would jam 5-6 cartridges per box and weren't worth a damn despite them having a good few cheap ones in there shop so what are they gonna do with them if there so rubbish?

Doesnt surprise me at all. He was trying to get more money out of you. I see he is advertising in England now as "Irelands Premier Gun Shop!"

Irelands dearest more like.

Edited by Big Al

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt surprise me at all. He was trying to get more money out of you. I see he is advertising in England now as "Irelands Premier Gun Shop!"

Irelands dearest more like.

I also was in one day and being dealt with by one person (older man) while trying to buy a gun with a budget of £600 when an older gentleman came in with tweed clothing and was pondering around the expensive berreta section when I was ditched like a bad smell and he told one of the younger boys to look after me as he took off to the tweed chap like a rocket, guess he looked like he was going to spend more than me. funny thing was that he bought nothing and I left the shop in shock at being dtiched so I went and give my £600 to Gavin at Tannyoky. I always find they have time for me when I go up and they deal with each customer as they come in no matter who has the most cash.

Top blokes in my opinion

The question is, are you being told the truth about what the dealer actually got for the gun? I too have experienced dealers who have told me that my trade in firearms were worth nothing, but have caught them out trying to sell firearms that friends have traded in for extortionate prices. Boosts your confidence in your RFD's, doesn't it?

In my case, I happen to know the guy who bought it - and I know it was all legit. But you are right. I had one large dealer try to sell a gun I was trading in before the paperwork was done with my purchase. It was a few years ago. I had been quoted £550 as a trade in price for my Beretta o/u. He told me the price was low as I had had cast put in the stock and hed have to get a new stock for it.

When I spotted then letting another customer shoulder my gun it didnt take a genius to work out what they were at. I walked over to him and asked what price theu had on my gun that hadnt even been taken off my permit.

£950.No new stock or anything. Money grabbing badtards.

I left with my beretta. That was McCloys too.

I went and give my £600 to Gavin at Tannyoky. I always find they have time for me when I go up and they deal with each customer as they come in no matter who has the most cash.

Top blokes in my opinion

The older guy was probably Donal himself.

I agree about Tannyoky. You wont get a bargain but they treat people with respect. Pity they wont moderate their prices a bit - they would then be in the running for the real premier gun shop title.

Edited by Big Al

I agree about Tannyoky. You wont get a bargain but they treat people with respect. Pity they wont moderate their prices a bit - they would then be in the running for the real premier gun shop title.

The thing about Tannyoky is Cecil is a loveable rogue. If he can get top whack then he'll go for it, but if you argue he'll do a bit of a deal with you. But at least you know where he stands and he is upfront about it.

My only complaint is once you get in he can talk the hind leg off a donkey.

So it was a big one then? Hmm .......

Bet it was Boss Hogg.

Have any of you tried Lavin Guns, he has always looked after me well, drive from 60 mile round trip to him for most things, 7.5 28g eleys were £38/250 last time I was up there. He will throw things in for you to try, or get you started, had boxes of cartridges, ammo and few other things. Also he will price match on new stuff and has flexible pricing if your willing to bargain a bit.

Thanks for that.

Im happy with my wee local man at the minute - hes 37.50/250 for Gb clay shells. But this may change. Hes talking about packing it in if they follow through with the big fees increase.

Where are Lavin Guns as a matter of interest?

can you pm me your local as his rounds are cheap, my local is looking £4.25 for same shells

Have any of you tried Lavin Guns, he has always looked after me well, drive from 60 mile round trip to him for most things, 7.5 28g eleys were £38/250 last time I was up there..

If your travelling that far you should try Tam Glass hes not far away from Lavin and last time I got carts he was £36/250,plus hes easy to deal with on the price of things.

• 1 year later...

This is a bit of thread resurrection.

I was atccloys recently and he doesn't seem to have as much stock. The cheap and battered guns that would have been out the back in the past are on display - I saw an old battered sxs for 150 on display.

I was looking for one type of gun and he had one. I checked Tannyoky and they have 4. And Tannyoky were looking for 300 quid more than mccloys to change. It looks like Tannyoky are the big boys now, with prices to match!

Marylands country gun has some good stock and he's a good lad when I went with my dad to get an over and under he was straight as could be with us didn't even need to put a deposit down as he kept it for me and when my variation came through and I went to collect it he through in 50 carts for free and the carts weren't bad patterned really well through my new o/u

Hallow farm has some good stuff as well and his carts weren't badly priced either at @ £55 / 250 and he has some other good gear there to

Loughview guns in Raholp is dear and he deals in all top quality guns and other stuff plus he doesn't like selling second hand air rifles as he tuned my dad away for a second hand Springer.

Thanks SW.

I've been at Jim Higgins in Raholp a fair few times - he always makes me feel like he doesn't really want to sell you anything. He also completely runs down anything you want to trade in.

Hollow Farm is a good spot. I'll be ringing them when they reopen on Thursday.

I've never been to Maryland though. I'll phone them. I just hate getting ripped off. I know people have to make a living but some of them rip the **** out of it.

Thanks SW.

I've been at Jim Higgins in Raholp a fair few times - he always makes me feel like he doesn't really want to sell you anything. He also completely runs down anything you want to trade in.

Hollow Farm is a good spot. I'll be ringing them when they reopen on Thursday.

I've never been to Maryland though. I'll phone them. I just hate getting ripped off. I know people have to make a living but some of them rip the **** out of it.

I've yet to come across one that doesn't.

Jim Higgins once refused to accept an older 686 black onyx as a trade in as he said "the older berettas aren't popular. Besides I don't know what it's worth."

I haven't been back since.

Jim Higgins once refused to accept an older 686 black onyx as a trade in as he said "the older berettas aren't popular. Besides I don't know what it's worth."

I haven't been back since.