Heads up for Rum drinkers

phill.p

Just a heads up for any Rum drinkers on here. El Dorado 15 year old, absolutely beautiful stuff.

The second nicest Rum iv'e ever tried, the first strangely being the 12 year old.

http://www.aldi.co.u...buys3_27838.htm

phill.

Bought a bottle of .... Captain Cook rum from Lidl ....... Bloody Hell tastes like cleaning fluid. ...Give this one a miss.

Just a heads up for any Rum drinkers on here. El Dorado 15 year old, absolutely beautiful stuff.

The second nicest Rum iv'e ever tried, the first strangely being the 12 year old.

Phill.p do yourself a favour and give this one a try. It's my favourite and is sensational. If you like the style of the El Dorado you will love this.

Not tried the El Dorado... but it's on my list now...... I have rated Mount Gay Extra Old.. as the finest rum on the planet for many years. If ya wanna go spiced Captain Morgans takes some beating.... and you can buy it anywhere. Mount Gay eclipse is a very fine rum but the Extra Old is in a different league. No one could claim to have tried every rum .... but as a long time rum drinker I've given it a good go.....I've been to most of the islands in the Caribbean (not all) and I've been all over the world drinking local rums as I go but I still keep coming back to the Extra Old :good:

Phill.p do yourself a favour and give this one a try. It's my favourite and is sensational. If you like the style of the El Dorado you will love this.

Ya know you open yer mouth and put both feet straight in, this is another one I haven't tried ..... but that's on the list too now.... Having said that the worst rum I EVER had was in Venezuela.... but if you buy drink with dodgy looking labels from a back street shop out there ..., you deserve all you get

Captain Morgan's private reserve is the way forward a friend of mine is in the US Army and he got me a bottle for my bday a few years ago hits one of the smoothest sipping rums I have tried amazing. Not available in the UK but if you get chance get some

Mark

I tried the Captain Morgans Special Reserve this year in the States. It is a very nice Rum if a little sweet for my taste, but lovely none the less. Infact for $18 in Walmart I had to bring a bottle back.

The Diplomatico Reserva is on my Bucket list :good: