38 replies to this topic

#1 ^mimic^

^mimic^
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 07-December 05

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

Anyone got one of these? How much did it set you back? Where did you get it modified to conform with UK law?

Please post pics if you own one.

Posted Image

#2 gunner

gunner
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 10-July 05

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:19 PM

thats one heck of a gun i have shot it with our police force here [malta] .i tell you she's a wild brute. i do not think you can get that off a gun shop that is a police/army issue and is not for civilian use that can fire lots off different cartridges like tear gas -messages - explosive cartriges -rubber bullets etc . legally i think you will be in trouble mate i hope you do not want the armed police behind you ........

#3 lurcherboy

lurcherboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12203 posts
  • Joined 30-August 03

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

:good: If only :lol:

LB

#4 Hunter

Hunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3187 posts
  • Joined 05-February 06

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

thats one heck of a gun i have shot it with our police force here [malta] .i tell you she's a wild brute. i do not think you can get that off a gun shop that is a police/army issue and is not for civilian use that can fire lots off different cartridges like tear gas -messages - explosive cartriges -rubber bullets etc . legally i think you will be in trouble mate i hope you do not want the armed police behind you ........

Nope, they are legal alright..

We had one in the gunshop a while ago, bought from France, and VERY expensive. The action was Semi auto, or standard pump per shot. The sights are for tactical use, being that it is also used for slugs, or special loads. In the end, most shotguns can fire any 'special load', but a double barrel 30" barrel would be of little tactical value, and likewise, the Spas is of very little use for shooting pigeons or similar because they are both different tools.
If you want one they come in either FAC capacity, or standard two + one in the breech format. Good to impress, sounds nice, but pretty useless unless you are doing Practical Shotgun, or you are in the Police firearms department.

#5 ^mimic^

^mimic^
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 07-December 05

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

the Spaz is of very little use for shooting pigeons

what about rabbits ? :good:

#6 webber

webber
  • Trade Members
  • 5149 posts
  • Joined 08-March 03

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:32 AM

Not a sporting weapon. Personaly, I don't see the attraction.

webber

#7 ^mimic^

^mimic^
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 07-December 05

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:36 AM

webber

Spas stands for Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun :good:

#8 Baldrick

Baldrick
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 04

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:38 AM

Have used one many times. Thought it was a horrible gun for a variety of reasons. If you want a tactical shotgun, buy a Remington 870. If you want a pigeon gun, buy a decent semi-auto. if you want a gun for Practical Shotgun, buy a Benelli M1.

#9 ^mimic^

^mimic^
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 07-December 05

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:45 AM

if you want a gun for Practical Shotgun, buy a Benelli M1.

How are these for clay's & pest control, Whats the going rate for one?

#10 webber

webber
  • Trade Members
  • 5149 posts
  • Joined 08-March 03

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:30 AM

webber

Spas stands for Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun :good:

Regardless of what it stands for, \i still don't see it as a sporting weapon.

We have enough problems with the public percieving anyone with a gun as a trainee terrorist. I dont believe that we should make the situation worse. Imagine the thoughts of an armed response offices when confronted by a SPAS.

webber

#11 MC

MC
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10459 posts
  • Joined 18-July 05

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:37 AM

I think it stand for Special purpose automatic shotgun. I sometimes shoot with a bunch of guys and one of them has one.

He use to do practical shotgun and had it converted to 3 shot. He shoots skeet well with it. Proving the point that if you are happy with a gun you will shoot well

I stand corrected, after a google search you are right, it is sporting not special

#12 Hunter

Hunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3187 posts
  • Joined 05-February 06

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

When I searched it I got Special Purpose Assault Shotgun, but I geuss it depends what you are using it for :good:

#13 SPEEDY

SPEEDY
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

I have used the fixed stock version, I dont actualy like it for hunting at all.
It's very heavy and has poor balance and the pigs just dont get as impressed as people do by it's scary looks. :good:

#14 SPEEDY

SPEEDY
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:34 PM

I have used the fixed stock version, I dont actualy like it for hunting at all.
It's very heavy and has poor balance and the pigs just dont get as impressed as people do by it's scary looks. :good:

#15 Dunkield

Dunkield
  • Moderators
  • 21201 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:40 PM

I was at Sennybridge (Baldricks favourite place :lol: ) and saw this guy firing dozens of rounds through this thing, don't ask me what it is I have no idea, but seemed to be enjoying himself :good:

[I don't know either of them. so didn't think it fair to upload their faces on the web in case you are wondering]

Attached Images

• Copy_of_HPIM0467__Large_.JPG

#16 rarms

rarms
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts
  • Joined 20-November 03

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:10 PM

Has to be worth it just for the Jurassic Park impressions!!! (Although I am pretty sure the folding stock version is illegal as it makes it overall too short)

Seriously though, the proportion of the public that dont like shooting couldn't care less what type of guns we have, we are all 'murderers, snipers, gun nuts, etc...' regardless of whether our guns are pink and fluffy or black and mean.

Until they ban all guns we may as well have fun, and for me that means any gun I can justify (to myself, or the police, or the wife) and enjoy shooting! If that gun is black and looks like its dangerous then so be it :lol:

When I find a Practical Shotgun club in Sussex, I will be getting myself a SPAS :good:

#17 Baldrick

Baldrick
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 04

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

Stuart, I reckon that's a Mossberg lurking underneath that disguise. It's strange - it's probably not a rifled barrel if it has a full length ventilated rib, yet he's using a scope. And a drum mag, vertical fore-end grip and a skeleton stock? Bit odd.

#18 rarms

rarms
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts
  • Joined 20-November 03

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

>It's strange - it's probably not a rifled barrel if it has a full length ventilated rib, yet he's using a scope. And a drum mag, vertical fore-end grip and a skeleton stock? Bit odd

I would say definately not rifled as that would be section 5.

Rifled slugs are fairly accurate through a smooth bore barrel out to about 80-100 metres though :good:

#19 kirky640

kirky640
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2081 posts
  • Joined 23-August 05

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

well i never !!
mmmm i must of dun ive two kids :P :D :P

#20 Zapp

Zapp
  • Moderators
  • 11067 posts
  • Joined 10-August 05

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

See that hook by the butt of the Franchi? That is there so you can hook it over your forearm to assist firing one handed. Bet THAT would raise a few eyebrows on the local pheasant shoot!

ZB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users