Instant Hot Water Taps in kitchens...which one?

Fuddster

Hi,

We've got a Quooker. Did quite a bit of research before we had it fitted, thought it seemed to always come out favourably in reviews which is why we went for it.

4 years down the line I honestly can't fault it - wouldn't be without it now, great invention. One small word of caution, you get so used to using it, probably the most used tap in the house, that if you don't concentrate you MIGHT try to rinse your hands under it when your mind is in neutral - ahem! :whistling:

Go for it - you'll not be disapponted.

Sounds a brilliant idea but how much would one be expected to pay for the luxury of instant boiling water?

I didn't even know this existed.

V

cheaper than you think-I dismissed them as a gimmick but when heating water for tea's, boiling pasta etc it works out cheaper and much much faster.

£700 for the quooker and £360 for the cheaper insinkerator-pricey but its a kitchen luxury that the wife will be paying off 'in kind' so to speak....

so on those grounds its tea's and smiles for daddy!

fuddster

We just had a new house built.

Mrs ME wanted one of those things. I did some research and the Quooker was the one to have.

When priorities were made, it became something that we might do in the future. Mrs ME got a nice Dualit kettle instead.

Maybe am old fashion

But it just wouldnt feel right pouring my cup of tea from a tap !!!

Mind you i still think a dishwasher is something you buy your wife, when you dont know what else to get her for Christmas

Only fancy thing i have in my kitchen is my new tumble dryer from Comet ;)

xxxxSuzy

its only hot water from the tap not tea. couldnt decide on a xmas present for the wife this year, ipod,ipad...in the end choose I chose the i-ron.

fudds

My brother has one of these and I didn't get on with it. I'm a bit of a tea snob and find to make a decent brew, the water has to be on a rolling boil and proper scalding. The water from his wasn't quite there and whilst it was OK for coffee, not for tea the way I like it.

Quooker 100 degrees water

Im interested to see how you get your kettle on a rolling boil that makes your water "hotter" than the 100C that the Quooker gets Blunderbuss :whistling:

I'd be interested to see where I said you could? :whistling: I never mentioned a 'Quooker' and have no idea what make my brothers is, merely that HIS (I'm not insulting yours, calm down) doesn't quite produce 'boiling' water.