our patch get off!

Elmer Fudd 1

i was out on a boundary shoot this morning with the other guns and a few beaters when we stumbled upon a pair of pigeon shooters on the edge of a grass field we were shooting a couple of us went past and said hello, we had a chat asked how well they were doing and so on.

they quickly progressed to the topic of where we were going to shoot next (please note that one of the guns owns all of the land around including the field we were standing on the pigeon shooters field and the one we were of to next) before anybody had started to reply one of the 2 interrupted, saying that that was their patch and we cant shoot it!?!

....we shot it anyway

he said some very naughty words indeed

but yeah they wont be back for a while

worst bit is we have been shooting that land for years! me and my dad go around it with the rifle most weeks to check the pheasants and get rid of any foxes or rabbits

and we haven't ever seen them so they are either extremely well camouflage (which is probably not the case as when we saw them the had their great big silver truck parked feet from their hide) or they just never shoot. Either way shootable ground is few and far between. we need to look out for each other and respect the fact that occasionally land will be shared

sharing is caring :drinks:

Edited by Elmer Fudd 1