ShotGun double fires.....

Whatmuff

Put around 400 carts through my midland and it's started double firing! Took it to the gunsmiths today and he said well its a bit short for you so it's probably me pulling the trigger twice! Which doesn't sound right as it fires two at the same time! I thought it might be worn parts inside and possibly dangerous but he said it would be able to fire twice because of something inside? Well I'm not sure now I've left it with them and there gunsmith is back in on tues so I might call him up and speak to him instead! What's your thoughts??

Dan

quick way to Test it, FRONT Barrel or RIGHT Barrel (SBS) should be about 4.5lbs:

Second Barrel should pull at about 7.5lbs:

if its less, get it fixed, BET you the second Barrel is either the same or Less:, When you pull the trigger the second barrel goes off because its not deeper in , or another alternative the sears may be worn and jumping about and need to be tightened:

An OLD fishing spring loaded type, will do the job, I have one and use it each season, just to test the trigger pulls:

quick way to Test it, FRONT Barrel or RIGHT Barrel (SBS) should be about 4.5lbs:

Second Barrel should pull at about 7.5lbs:

if its less, get it fixed, BET you the second Barrel is either the same or Less:, When you pull the trigger the second barrel goes off because its not deeper in , or another alternative the sears may be worn and jumping about and need to be tightened:

An OLD fishing spring loaded type, will do the job, I have one and use it each season, just to test the trigger pulls:

OOPPPSS:

Single Trigger about 3.5lbs on both pulls:

Maybe a bit late now , but this happened to my sxs , on the odd occasion . About 2 wk later it fired when closing the barrel after a reload . Glad it was pointing at the ground , it made me feel I'll and quite worried . Took it to a gun smith , he said spring was worn and fixed it for me . All ok now . lesson learnt . If in doubt take it to someone who knows what there doing .